Alfredo Sauce. Check Out Alfredo Sauce On eBay. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Add the Parmesan and stir until melted. Toss to combine, thinning with pasta water if necessary. For a lighter version of Alfredo sauce, try making a roux with one tablespoon each butter and flour. You can cook Alfredo Sauce using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Alfredo Sauce
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Butter.
- You need 4 of large cloves Garlic, pressed or minced.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of plus 1 teaspoon flour.
- You need 2 Cups of Half n Half.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of White Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fresh chopped Basil (OR) 1/4 Cup fresh chopped Parsley.
After about two minutes, when the mixture is foamy and bubbling, add your liquid of choice to create a white sauce. You can use one cup of regular milk, half-and-half or a mixture of chicken stock and heavy cream. Add Parmesan cheese and warm until cheese melts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Alfredo Sauce instructions
- Saute garlic for 1 minute in butter over medium high heat..
- Stir in flour for 1 minute more, stirring constantly..
- Add Half n Half and which until evenly mixed together..
- Cook until mixture reaches a simmer. Lower heat to medium low and let simmer until mixture thickens. (Approx. 2 min.).
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and seasoning. Whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth..
- (Add parsley OR Basil at this point if you're going to.).
- Serve with your favorite pasta!.
Add the roux to the hot Alfredo sauce and whisk over medium heat until thickened. These other thickening agents work well, too. What else can you add to Alfredo sauce? His hallmark dish, fettuccine Alfredo, combined hot fettuccine with a rich sauce made of butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese, and generous grindings of pepper. Classic Alfredo Sauce is a simple but elegant creamy, white sauce that is commonly known to lay over pasta noodles.