Corn chowder for instant pot. Read customer reviews & Find best sellers. When it beeps that it's done, flip the valve to Venting for a quick release and when the pin drops, press Cancel and open the pot. Press Saute and add the corn and sugar.
Using a slotted spoon, remove your bacon from the pot and set it aside for later. Add the potatoes, corn, chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Stir the mixture, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot. You can cook Corn chowder for instant pot using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corn chowder for instant pot
- It’s 4 ears of corn on the cob.
- You need 4 of or more slices bacon chopped.
- Prepare 3 tsp of minced garlic (or 3 large cloves finely chopped or crushed).
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 4 of red or golden potatoes peeled and cut into chunks – I don’t always peel mine.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 cups of low-sodium vegetable stock or chicken stock.
- It’s 1.5 cups of half and half.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare of Optional.
- It’s of Add 1/2 red pepper.
How to Make Instant Pot Corn Chowder Prep and saute the veggies. Saute the onions, potatoes and pepper in the Instant Pot. Cut the potatoes, onion, and peppers to inch long pieces and crush the garlic. Then add in the broth, potatoes, and corn, and mix well.
Corn chowder for instant pot instructions
- Turn pressure cooker on. Press SAUTE button. Wait 2 minutes for the pot to heat up. Add chopped bacon. Cook until almost all of is crispy or to your liking. Remove onto a plate..
- Add garlic and onion to pot with bacon grease. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often..
- Cut corn kernels off the cobs. Add to pot with onion. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring often..
- Press OFF button on Instant Pot. To stop sauté button..
- Add potatoes, water, stock and half of cooked bacon. Or if you do not wish to garnish with bacon then put all of it in. Season with salt and pepper..
- Close lid, set to sealing position. Press MANUAL button and set timer to 10 minutes. The pressure cooker will start cooking. It will take it a few minutes to come to warm up and come to pressure..
- When the Instant Pot is done it will beep. Click OFF button. Let pressure cooker naturally release. This can take up to about 5 to 10 minutes. In the meantime, whisk together half and half and the cornstarch. Add half and half to pot and stir. Let sit for 10 minutes..
- Serve chowder and if you saved some then serve garnished with reserved bacon.
How to make corn chowder in the Instant Pot Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot in the order in which they are listed, except for the heavy cream and lemon juice. Attach the lid, then set the valve to seal. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. This recipe is dairy-free, nut-free, vegan, and gluten-free. Corn chowder just got a little bit easier with your handy Instant Pot.