Nicky's Salisbury Steak. Nicky's Salisbury Steak Nicky Salyers Dante, Va. This can be done in the microwave. (That's faster than just letting the meat sit and thaw.). Worcestershire Sauce, and diced onion; mix well (don't overwork the meat mixture).
Flavorful and tender beef patties cooked in a comforting mushroom gravy. It's a comforting, stick-to-your-ribs meal that everyone will love. SO delicious served with buttery mashed potatoes, maple glazed carrots and peas for good measure! You can have Nicky's Salisbury Steak using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nicky's Salisbury Steak
- It’s 4 of lg Angus beef patties, cut in half.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 c. Flour.
- Prepare 1 of lg. onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 c. of Water.
I am so so thrilled to be sharing this Salisbury Steak. Salisbury steak is ground beef combined with seasonings and binders to create oval patties. The meat cooks similar to traditional steaks by searing in a hot skillet until a flavorful crust forms. It has a meatloaf-like texture but portioned into individual servings, something that can't be achieved when baked in the oven inside a loaf pan.
Nicky's Salisbury Steak instructions
- Thaw out Angus beef patties. This can be done in the microwave. (That's faster than just letting the meat sit and thaw.).
- Chop up onion into as big of pieces as you want.
- Cut patties in half..
- Situate patties in pan..
- Scatter chopped onion across patties..
- Pour in water until at height in pan that you need and want..
- Scatter flour over patties and onion..
- Make sure flour and water is mixed well in pan..
- Place pan in oven at 350° for 40 minutes..
- Take pan out of oven and enjoy meal. I like it with mashed potatoes and green beans..
Method For the meat mixture: Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and some salt and pepper. This American physician spent his career promoting a meat-centered diet and thus, the Salisbury steak was born. Salisbury steak is an American dish that consists of ground beef and seasonings (similar to a meatloaf), that's shaped into a steak-like patty then seared on a stove top and finished cooking in a brown mushroom gravy. It's often times considered a poor man's steak, but there's nothing poor about the rich flavors in this recipe! Salisbury Steak Ingredients: Ground Beef – I like to use.