Kimchi Beef Fried Rice. Right before you're ready to make your rice, cook the eggs sunny-side up in a pan, and keep them warm while you're making the rice. Trader Joe's Bulgogi Beef Fried Rice with Kimchi pays tribute to this bastion of barbecue by pairing it with chopped veggies and tangy kimchi, all together in a deliciously seasoned fried rice. Stir in cooked rice until evenly combined.
I've had it several times at Korean restaurants and always loved it. Just like all the other fried rice dishes that Trader Joe's has it's a frozen bag of fried rice and you can microwave or stir fry it. Add more oil and add onion, green onion, garlic, and ginger to skillet. You can have Kimchi Beef Fried Rice using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kimchi Beef Fried Rice
- Prepare 2 cups of white rice.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 cups of kimchi.
- It’s Pinch of sugar.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
- You need of (Optional) shredded mozzarella cheese.
Move vegetables to exterior of the skillet. Tuna – Just drain tuna from can and add it after adding rice. Bulgogi – if you have leftover bulgogi, stir fry bulgogi with kimchi first then add rice. This version will taste a bit sweeter and richer but very yummy.
Kimchi Beef Fried Rice instructions
- Wash the white rice and cook it in instant pot for 5 minutes with 1:1 water ratio..
- Cook the ground beef on a separate pan and drain the grease..
- Peel and chop the garlic..
- On another pan, heat up the sesame oil. When the oil is warm, add chopped garlic and cook on medium heat..
- Once the garlic turns golden on the outside, add kimchi to the pan. (if there is extra kimchi juice, save it for now).
- Stir fry kimchi for 2 minutes on medium heat, then add cooked ground beef and white rice to the pan..
- Stir fry the rice till everything is well fixed together..
- Add a pinch of sugar to the pan. If previously saved the extra kimchi juice, add it to the pan as well and continue cooking for a little bit..
- Hot spicy kimchi fried rice ready to serve..
- (Optional) add some shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the rice when it is still hot..
Pork – you can also stir fry raw pieces of beef or pork and kimchi together before adding rice.; Spam – cut up some spam and stir fry with kimchi. Kimchi fried rice (Kimchi Bokkeumbap, 김치 볶음밥) is a type of Korean fried rice and it is predominantly cooked with kimchi (obviously!) To give it more texture and flavor a variety of meat and/or vegetables are often added. So, when I make my kimchi fried rice I typically add bacon and mushrooms (particularly enoki mushrooms). In a nonstick sauté pan or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat, and add onions. Add rice, kimchi juice, water, and gochujang.