Blueberry Muffin. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Find Scrumptious Muffin Recipes Explore Our Selection of Recipes Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, stir to combine, then refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
These muffins are extra large and very delicious. Add extra blueberries too, if you want! Grease and flour a muffin tin or line with paper cases. You can have Blueberry Muffin using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Muffin
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried blueberries.
Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Slowly add the beaten eggs, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated.
Blueberry Muffin step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, add softened butter and using an electric hand mixer beat it for a minute..
- Then add sugar and beat for about 2 to 3 minutes..
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in the eggs, one at a time..
- Beat well after each addition. Add the vanilla essence and gently fold with a spatula..
- Add a little flour mixture and fold it in..
- Then add a little milk and fold again. Keep on adding flour mixture alternating with the milk..
- Add the dried blueberries and gently fold it in. But do not overmix..
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin tin and bake for about 30 minutes until it's lightly golden. Using a toothpick pierce the centre of the muffins and if it comes out clean then it's done..
- Take it out of the oven and keep it on a wire rack to cool down..
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the blueberry muffins..
Sift in the flour and baking powder, mix well, then carefully fold in the blueberries. Blueberry muffins are one of my favourite bakes, and this recipe adapted from Mary Berry are deliciously light, fluffy and with the addition of fruit not too sweet. These are great for kids to make if they like mixing and measuring. And if you make too many, simply pop them in the freezer. Spray the pan and the liners with non-stick cooking spray.