Chocolate Cakes with Cherry Cream Filling. Buy Quality, Delicious Cakes from Food Lion Bakery. MAKE CHERRY CREAM FILLING Dissolve jello in boiling water, add cherry juice. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Topped with fresh whipped cream and more sweet homemade cherry filling. Drunken or not, this cake is bound to intoxicate your senses. If you love the combination of chocolate and cherry you will love this cake. You can have Chocolate Cakes with Cherry Cream Filling using 27 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cakes with Cherry Cream Filling
- It’s of CHOCOLATE CAKE.
- You need of hot coffee.
- You need of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need of salt.
- You need of baking soda.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of large eggs.
- You need of sour cream.
- Prepare of canola oil.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of CHERRY CREAM FILLING.
- You need of 3 ounce box of cherry jello.
- Prepare of boiling water.
- You need of neavy whipping cream.
- Prepare of maraschino cherry juice, from the jar of cherries.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- It’s of chopped good quality white chocolate.
- You need of heavy whipping cream.
- You need of CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES.
- You need of maraschino cherrys. You will need 6 if making tiered cakes. You will need 18 for cupcakes.
- You need of to 6 ounces semi sweet hocolate, chopped of chips. Use the 4 ounces,for the tiered cakes. Use 6 ounces for the cupcakes.
- It’s of GARNISHES.
- It’s of colored sprinkles for cupcakes.
- It’s of pink ecorating icing.
- It’s of pearl,decorating candies.
Place the first layer of cake on the pedestal or cake base. Apply Cherry Cream Cheese Frosting as the filling, and sprinkle with desired amount of sliced (drained) maraschino cherries. Add the next layer and repeat. (If you are settling the cake as discussed in our post, you can do this step now. Instructions Bake cake mix according to directions, then cool.
Chocolate Cakes with Cherry Cream Filling step by step
- MAKE CAKES.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray cake molds with non stick spray. I used the tiered molds shown below. I also made large cupcakes with this recipe. It will make 18 large cupcakes if you prefer them. Line cupcake tins with foil or paper liners..
- In a medium bowl whisk coffee and cocoa powder until smooth.
- In another bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a third large bowl beat eggs and sugar until smooth and light.
- Add flour all at once, stir just until combined , stir in sour cream then oil until combined. Finally add coffee/cocoa mixture and stir until smooth.
- Fill tiered cake molds to bottom of top tier. For cupcakes fill cups 2/3 full.
- Bake about 22 to 26 minutes for tiered cakes until a long skewer comes out clean. Cook cupcakes 22 to 24 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Rotate pans of both cakes for even cooking halfway through.
- Cool tiered cakes completely in pans before turning out. Cool.cupcakes 10 minutes then cool on wire racks.
- MAKE CHERRY CREAM FILLING.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water, add cherry juice. Cool to room temperature, do not let it set up.
- Meanwhile whip cream to soft peaks, add vanilla, beat until.firm peaks.
- Beat in room temperature gelatin, refrigerate while preparing cakes.
- For tired cakes cut a long come in bottom of cake, resting cake upside down in a small glass..
- Pipe or spoon filling into cake cover with cut cake pieces. Chill overnight in glass to set filling..
- For cupcakes, cut a cone of cake from the top.center.
- Pipe or spoon filIng into cupcake, cover with cut cake piece and chill overnight.
- MAKE GLAZE.
- Have chopped chocolate in large bowl. Heat chocolate in microwave or stovetop until just hot, pour over chocolate let sit ·1 minute then stir until smooth. Let cool to thicken slightly about 1 hour. It should still be able to.pour.
- Ladle over tiered cakes to cover ,chill until set.
- Spoon glaze on top of cupcakes and add sprinkles to them now while glaze is not set so they stick..
- MAKE CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES.
- Dry cheerys with paper towels..
- Dip each cherry in chocolate, place on foil lined plate and chill until set.
- Decorate tiered cakes with decorators icing and pearl candy. Top with chocolate covered cherry.
- Top cupcakes with chocolate covered cherrys ( the sprinkles were added with wet glaze ).
- Keep in refrigerator.
Mix cream cheese, powdered suger, and cool whip until smooth, then spread over cake. Just before serving, top individual slices with cherry topping. Combine cake mix, cherry pie filling, and three eggs. If you weren't a chocolate-cherry fan before, you will be after tasting this cake. The cake was delicious, the cherry topping and whipped cream spectacular.