Our Family Recipe for Octopus Rice. Fair and Transparent Prices Without Being Locked Into a Contract. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Place the olive oil, chopped onion, the chopped garlic and the peeled tomato cut into pieces in a saucepan and simmer over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the octopus and the rice seasoned with a little salt and pepper, stir and pour the cooking water (enough water to completely cover the rice and the octopus). In a rice cooker, combine the rinsed rice, water, mirin, and soy sauce, and stir together. You can have Our Family Recipe for Octopus Rice using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Our Family Recipe for Octopus Rice
- It’s 150 grams of Boiled octopus.
- It’s 360 ml of White rice.
- It’s 1 clove of Ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of ● Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of ● Sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ● Mirin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ● Dashi stock granules.
- It’s 10 of cm cube Kombu for dashi stock.
- It’s 400 ml of Water.
The Best Octopus Rice Recipes on Yummly Baked Rice With Octopus, Octopus Rice, Scamorza Octopus Au Gratin.. Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands. If you get an octopus, make it!
Our Family Recipe for Octopus Rice step by step
- Wash the rice and drain in a sieve. Lightly wash the octopus, pat dry the excess water and slice into 5 mm. Peel the ginger and julienne. Soak the kombu in water and leave the stock to the side..
- Put the rice in a rice cooker and add all the ● ingredients. Pour the stock from Step 1 up to the 2 cup mark and mix everything well..
- Add octopus, ginger, and kelp to the cooker, switch on, and when it's done, julienne the kombu and mix in..
- * If using raw octopus, rub with salt first and wash. It'll result in a softer texture..
- You can use shio kombu instead of dashi kombu – it'll still be delicious. If you do so, just season with 2 tablespoons of Japanese sake..
Cooked rice is not so difficult! You can find new recipes by changing the ingredients! With the same recipe, you can make scallo. In a pot, combine the water, unpeeled onion with the octopus pieces. Extra water will be given up by the octopus.