[Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi. Bestel Gemakkelijk Sushi Online via Thuisbezorgd.nl in jouw buurt! Great recipe for [Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi. It's a pain to simmer all the vegetables beforehand, so I tried to shorten the process as much as possible. – Recipe by FarmersK Great recipe for [Farmhouse Recipe] Chicken Chirashi Sushi.
Another close translation for it is "sushi rice salad"; just to give you another idea for the basic original Japanese meaning of the word. Scattered Sushi (Chirashi Sushi) is often made for special occasions such as Doll Festival and birthdays. This beautifully arranged sushi is the easiest of all the sushi dishes. You can have [Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of [Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi
- Prepare 450 grams of cooked White rice.
- Prepare 5 of cm long piece Kombu.
- Prepare 80 of to 100 ml Sushi vinegar (＊refer below).
- Prepare 2 of Cooked kanpyo gourd strips (refer below).
- You need 1 of Snap peas or mangetout (boiled in salted water and sliced thinly).
- Prepare 1 of Shredded nori seaweed.
- You need of [A].
- It’s 100 grams of Cooked and chopped bamboo shoots.
- It’s 50 grams of Carrot.
- It’s 4 of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare of [B].
- It’s 200 ml of Japanese dashi stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Soy sauce, mirin.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare of [C].
- It’s 6 of Shrimp.
- Prepare 100 grams of Lotus root.
- Prepare of [Kinshi tamago (finely shredded thin omelet)] *Mix ingredients well, pan fry thinly and shred into thin strips..
- Prepare 3 of Eggs (well beaten).
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Katakuriko.
Prepare the toppings of your choice, scatter them on sushi rice, and voila! My Scattered Sushi toppings are easy to prepare or can be made ahead. Chirashi Sushi is a very easy type of sushi and does not involve any raw fish. It's a perfect dish for big family gatherings and potluck parties!
[Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi step by step
- Preparation for [A]: Shred the carrots into 2 cm long strips. Discard the stiff roots of the hydrated shiitake mushrooms and chop thinly. Also chop the bamboo shoots in the same way..
- Put the prepped [A] and [B] in a pot and simmer until the liquid is reduced. Rest to cool. Chop the kampyo gourd strips thinly..
- Preparation for [C]: Briefly cook the shrimp in boiling water with a small amount of sake. Peel the shell and chop in half. Peel the skin off the lotus root and boil, then slice into quarter-rounds..
- Soak the prepped [C] into sushi vinegar while it's hot, and remove the shrimp after 10 minutes. (Leave the lotus roots to soak.).
- Cook rice combined with kombu seaweed with slightly less water than usual. When cooked, remove the seaweed..
- While the rice is hot, combine the sushi vinegar with lotus roots in Step 4 (with the shrimp removed). Mix everything together while cooling it off with a fan..
- Combine with the mixed ingredients in Step 2 and arrange on a dish. Make sure to mix lightly in cutting motions, while cooling it off with a fan. Try not to knead the grains together..
- Top with the shrimp (that were soaked in sushi vinegar and then removed), kinshi tamago, and peas to finish. Also top with shredded nori seaweed to your liking..
- [Homemade Sushi Vinegar] Very useful to have in stock..
- [Cooked Kanpyo Gourd Strips] These can be frozen for storage. They're great in this chirashi sushi. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149729-farmhouse-recipe-stewed-kampyo.
- About the [B] ingredients: you can substitute the "200 ml of Japanese dashi stock + 1.5 tablespoon soy sauce and mirin" with "200 ml of water + 3 tablespoons of multi-purpose dashi soy sauce"..
If you want a quick short cut version, I also share this Chirashi Sushi recipe using Chirashi Sushi Mix. You can purchase a sushi bowl called Hangiri (or Sushi Oke) on Amazon. Chirashi Sushi (Chirashizushi) is a kind of Sushi dish with thinly sliced Sashimi raw fish placed over a bed of Sushi Rice, instead of single pieces (Nigiri Sushi) or rolls (Maki Sushi). Chirashi Sushi is sometimes mixed up with Barazushi which doesn't contain much raw fish other than decoration. Making sushi at home can be a challenge fraught with angst.