Easy lemon meringue pie. Add the lemon cornflour mixture to the hot water and stir over the heat until the mixture has thickened, then remove from the heat. Mix the cornflour, golden caster sugar and lemon zest in a medium saucepan. Strain and stir in the lemon juice gradually.
The meringue should completely cover the lemon mixture. Bring the lemon filling back to the boil and stir until thickened, then pour it into the pastry case and level the surface. Spoon on the meringue, starting at the edge and working it into the middle. You can have Easy lemon meringue pie using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy lemon meringue pie
- You need of lemon pie filling.
- It’s of lemon zest.
- You need of deep dish pie crust.
- You need of egg whites.
- You need of cream tartar.
- You need of sugar.
Use a palette knife to make a smooth join with the pastry edge, then swirl the top. Mix a little cold water with cornflour and set aside. Pour rest of water into a pan, stir in sugar, then add lemon zest and juice. Simmer, stirring, until sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil.
Easy lemon meringue pie step by step
- Set oven to 325..
- Pre bake pie crust until light brown.it will finish cooking when meringue is put on n back in oven..
- Mix lemon zest with pie filling. Pour lemon into prebake pie crust.bake until light brown. It will finish cooking when meringue is put on n bake.
- For meringue.
- Beat egg white with cream tartar until soft peak forms. Gradually beat in sugar until stiff. Spread over filling spread to edge..
- Bake until meringue turns light brown..
Add enough of the water to mix the cornflour to a smooth paste, then pour the rest of the water, along with the grated lemon zest, into a small saucepan. To make the meringue: In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Add sugar gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges. A modern twist on the well-loved lemon meringue pie, this recipe uses lime and orange as well as lemon in the creamy filling for an exciting citrus flavour.