INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS stromboli. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Book the Ideal Villa Rental in Stromboli and Save Now! Great recipe for INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS stromboli. Used my "Best, easiest pizza dough" and they were amazing.
Used my "Best, easiest pizza dough" and they were amazing. I used this filling since im a vegetarian, but you can use ANY topping you like on your regular pizza. There is just something extra festive about a homemade stromboli. You can have INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS stromboli using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS stromboli
- It’s of Dough.
- Prepare 1 of Best, easiest pizza dough recipe.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 large of fresh tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 2 of green peppers.
- You need 1 of mozzarella or cheese of your choice (preferably that melts).
- Prepare 1 of purple onion.
- It’s 3 of finely chopped chives.
- You need 1 of OR ANY FILLING YOU DESIRE. Mushrooms, sausage, ham, etc…
Besides being incredibly delicious, especially when served with homemade marinara sauce, it's just perfect for entertaining. Folks love to graze over the delectable slices and consistently come back for more until it's all gobbled up! Stromboli is a longtime family dinner favorite. Now, it's even easier to make thanks to Pillsbury™ pizza dough and five more simple ingredients!
INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS stromboli instructions
- Grease a large pizza pan and set aside..
- Chop the chives, green peppers and red onions and slightly sauté them in olive oil. Set aside..
- For the sauce: drizzle olive oil on a deep pan and heat. Add garlic and tomatos and sauté for a few minutes without letting the garlic burn..
- Add tomato paste, 1/2 cup of water, salt and pepper to taste..
- Cook on high for 20 minutes adding water as it evaporates and sauce becomes thicker. Add water until desire consistency..
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. On a floured surface, roll the 4 pieces in a rectangular shape each to desired thickness..
- Place one dough rectangle on the pizza pan. Scoop desired sauce in a line in the middle on the rectangle, add desired amount of cheese, add the sautéed veggies, scoop an extra tablespoon of sauce..
- Fold the sides and close the cylinder. Turn the stromboli so that the folded sides are on the bottom being careful not to rip the dough..
- Repeat process with remaining 4 dough rectangles..
- You can add an egg wash, garlic powder, italian seasoning, butter, sesame seeds on top of the stromboli, or any topping you prefer. These are optional..
- Bake for around 30-40 mins depending on how fast your oven cooks..
Quick, easy and packed with flavor, there's no reason why you shouldn't be making this seriously delicious take on the cousin to pizza. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. I've made this delicious Stromboli many times. It is perfect when friends and family get together on game day and always satisfies big appetites. —Shelley Banzhaf, Maywood, Nebraska. Ham & Swiss Stromboli This is an excellent dish to take to someone for dinner.