Strawberry Sparkle Cake. Come See our Unique Cake Gifts! Beat the egg whites until frothy. Add the cream of tartar and beat until stiff.
Stir to cool the mixture and set it aside. Turn the cake upside down so that the end that was stuck to the bottom of the pan is now facing up. Gently remove the section of cake between the cuts and pour in the strawberry mixture. You can cook Strawberry Sparkle Cake using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Sparkle Cake
- You need of For Cake and Filling.
- You need of Cooked and cooled Angel Food Cake, homemade or use a bix mix and bake it. store made cakes are to.small.and dense for the filling..
- Prepare of box, 0.30 ounce size of strawberry gelatin ( jello ).
- You need of strawberrys, reserve 3 medium ones and puree the rest in a food processor or blender, strain out seeds and add juice to a measuring cup and add water if needed to have a total of 2 cups liquid..
- You need of Recipe FOR WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING.
- Prepare of cold heavy whipping cream.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of confectioners sugar.
- You need of unflavored gelatin.
- Prepare of cold water.
- You need of GARNISH.
- Prepare of sprinkles any color.
- Prepare of chocolate shavings.
- You need of chocolate covered strawberry s, fresh or dryed.
Place the top cake layer back on top and spread the icing all over the top and sides of the cake. Mix the cake pieces with the strawberry mixture and pour back into cake shell. Instructions Dissolve gelatine in water and add a frozen block of strawberries, stirring to break up and mix berries. Place cake, widest side down, on a serving plate.
Strawberry Sparkle Cake instructions
- Have ready a fully cooled angel food cake..
- carefully cut a thin top off the angel food cake, set aside on a plate..
- With a sharp thin knife hollow out a well in the cake, removing pieces of only the middle so the cake has a bottom and sides left with a trench for the filling..
- Cut the removed cake pieces in roughly 1 inchel pieces, reserve them..
- Heat 1 cup of the strawberry juice to boiling, dissolve strawberry gelatin in it, add remaning cold strawberry juice and chill until slightly thick, like the consistency of egg whites, slice the 3 strawberries and then add the reserved cake cubes. Gently mix together..
- Fill the cake trench with filling, put top back on and chill.at least 4 hours or, better, overnight..
- FOR TOPPING.
- Soften unflavored gelatin in the cold water in a small heatproof bowl for 5 minutes..
- Have a small pan of simmering water on stove. Place softened gelatin in the rameki in pan just to dissolve until clear. Remove from water use while you begin beating cream. You want this liquid.and warm when you add it to.the cream..
- In a large chilled bowl beat cream until it has soft peaks, add confectioners sugar carefully so it does not blow all over! then add warm gelatin taking care its still liquid beat it in with the vanilla until cream is well whipped for spreading.
- Completely frost entire cake with whipped cream..
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and sprinkles.This cake is best the day its frosted but because the whipped cream is stabilized with gelatin it will last a couple of days.Keep refrigerated..
- NOTE : This recipe is for a full sized 10 inche angel food cake, either from scratch homemade or the boxed angel food cake. If you want to use a store made angel food cake you can , but you will have excess filling and topping because they are quite a bit smaller. I've never tried it it but its possible 2 store bought could work..
Cut a one-inch layer from the top and set aside. Gently remove the section of cake between the cuts and pour in the strawberry mixture. Place the cake layer back on top and spread the icing all over the top and sides of the cake. Bake angel food cake as directed on back of package and cool. Dissolve gelatin in water and add frozen block of strawberries, stirring to break up and mix berries.