Egg Tart. Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Compare our best prices for egg tart and similar products.
Tip the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and shape. Beat the egg yolks with the. For the shortbread base, beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy, then mix in the flour. You can have Egg Tart using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg Tart
- Prepare of 🥚 Crust.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of cold unsalted butter, cubed.
- You need of powdered or icing sugar.
- You need of egg yolk.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of 🥚 Filling.
- It’s of granulated white sugar.
- You need of hot water.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of egg.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
Filling Melt the sugar with water to make a simple syrup. Beat the eggs for a minute. Add the milk and syrup to the egg. Filter the milk liquid twice to remove impurities.
Egg Tart step by step
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, place flour, sugar, salt, and butter. Rub the butter into the dry mixture with our fingers until it resembles a coarse meal. Alternatively, we can use a fork or pastry blender..
- Add the yolk and mix until it comes together and forms a ball..
- Transfer onto a cling wrap. Cover and chill it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- To make custard filling: In a small bowl, stir sugar with hot water until completely dissolved. Set it aside to cool..
- In a medium pouring jar, whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed. Add the sugar syrup and whisk again to combine..
- To get a smooth custard, strain the mixture twice. First into another bowl, then back into the pouring jar..
- Assembly: On a lightly floured surface, roll the chilled dough into a thickness of 3/4-inch (0.5 cm)..
- Using the same size cookie cutter as the tart mold, cut as many circles as possible from the dough. I used 2¾-inches (7 cm) tart mold and cookie cutter..
- Gently press each cut-out into the tart molds..
- Prick the bottom of each tart shell with a fork for about 10 times. These holes will allow steam to release from the dough while baking and prevent it from puffing up..
- Pour the custard filling into the tart shell. Fill each up to 75%..
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of custard can stand on its own. If the custard filling cooks too quickly and bubbles up, open the oven door a little for about 10 seconds..
- Remove tartlets from the shells once cool. Enjoy!.
To make easy egg tarts, mix together a sweet pastry dough and line small tart tins with it. Then whisk together a filling of eggs, sugar syrup, milk, and vanilla. Fill the pastry tins with the mixture and bake the tarts until they're set and the pastry browns a little. If you've ever been to Portugal, you know that one of the greatest pastries to binge-eat there is the Portuguese egg tart: its crisp, flaky crust holding a creamy custard center, blistered on top. Assemble the Tart Pour the egg and cream mixture through a sieve into the pastry case.