The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe. The most important step to any banana cake recipe is to use spotty, brown and slightly overripe bananas. The more brown spots you have, the better, as they get sweeter and more flavorful over time. I've added in a little bit of cinnamon with the dry ingredients to complement the prominent banana flavor in this cake.
We've got you covered with all of the best recipes and cooking tips from home cooks like you. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. If you're making your own buttermilk, combine milk and vinegar (or lemon juice) in a small bowl, and set aside. You can have The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe
- Prepare 7 of medium sized ripe bananas.
- It’s 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 cups whole milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of peanut butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar, I used my food mixer for this Our ratio of cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla to banana imbues each bite with the most balanced and decadent mix of flavors. A step up from a traditional banana bread , this is very much a cake—depending on the butter-sugar mixture forming the batter's base and shaped in an easy-to-slice rectangle. Beat together butter, brown and white sugar until combined. Add in eggs one at a time and vanilla.
The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe step by step
- Sift the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt together in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas in a separate bowl. Add the lemon juice to the whole milk. Gather the rest of the ingredients..
- Grease a 5×9 inch baking pan..
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and brown sugar. Cream that with a hand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes until creamy and well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed..
- Next, add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. After all the eggs are well incorporated, add the peanut butter, mashed bananas and vanilla and mix again just until well combined..
- To continue, add in the dry ingredients in three batches alternating with the milk and lemon juice mixture. Mix just until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed. Do not over mix..
- Pour the banana cake batter in the greased pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 10 minutes on the middle rack of your oven and lower the heat to 300 degrees fahrenheit and bake an additional 35 minutes, baking times may vary depending on your oven..
- After taking the cake out of the oven, let it cool for five minutes in the pan and turn out unto a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy the cake your favourite way to do so. Happy baking!.
Mix on high until light and fluffy (almost the texture of frosting). Instructions Cream together the butter and sugar. Crush the bananas then add the eggs and vanilla essence. The wet ingredients in the recipe tend to weigh your bread down, resulting in flat banana bread. The middle part of the bread has sunk.