Mango Au Gratin. Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Using a heavy, sharp knife, slice the mango lengthwise around each side of the pit.
Serve the Mango Au Gratin with toast or garlic bread. Using a heavy, sharp knife, slice the mango lengthwise around each side of the pit. Remove the skin and cut the fruit into bite-size pieces. You can have Mango Au Gratin using 18 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mango Au Gratin
- It’s 2 of big size mangoes (almost riped/not so sweet).
- Prepare 2 of medium sized potatoes boiled aľdante.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 2 teaspoon of dry oregano.
- It’s 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of Salt or to taste.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of white Pepper or to taste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of very fine bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 cup of white sauce or bechamel sauce.
- Prepare of (recipe given below).
- It’s of Ingredients for bechamel sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of milk, cold.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Salt or to taste (very little).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Freshly ground pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Italian herbs.
Top with the yogurt and brown sugar and dot with the butter. We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to mango au gratin recipe. Here is how you cook it. Drain, rinse, peel and let cool.
Mango Au Gratin instructions
- First preheat the oven to 200 C..
- Slice the potatoes very carefully into thin slices, add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dry oregano to the potato slices..
- Now peel the mangoes and grate one mango through big holes in the grater..
- Add little salt, garlic powder and pepper and keep aside..
- Scoop out small balls from the other mango, sprinkle salt, garlic powder and keep aside for garnishing..
- Preparation of bechamel sauce – Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan..
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, don't let it turn brown..
- Switch off the gas and add the milk, and continue to stir as the sauce thickens..
- Bring it to a boil and add salt and pepper to taste, lower the heat, and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes more..
- Stir in grated Cheddar cheese and Italian herbs during the last 2 minutes of cooking..
- Remove from the heat and it is ready to use..
- Assembling of Au gratin – take a greased baking dish and arrange potato slices at the bottom, sprinkle some more herbs as per taste..
- Now lay a bed of shredded mango again sprinkle some oregano, followed by a thick layer of prepared bechamel sauce..
- Repeat the steps with potato slices and grated mango and finally cover with the remaining white sauce..
- Now sprinkle the bread crumbs, oregano and grated cheese evenly on the top and garnish with mango scoops (balls).
- Bake the au gratin in the pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and has turned golden in colour.
- Remove the Mango Au Gratin from oven, let it stand for 2 minutes before serving. Serve the Mango Au Gratin with toast or garlic bread..
How To Make Salmon au Gratin Fresh mango puree adds a tropical twist and vibrant color to John's spicy margarita, which he made to pair with Rach's Fish or Chicken Soft Tacos. Click here for more margarita recipes, like his Pomegranate Margarita and this refreshing Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita. Discover the latest trends in Mango fashion, footwear and accessories. The items you added in your last session have been included..