Slow Cooker Tomato Soup. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Pick the basil leaves off the stalks and set aside. Chop the stalks and add them to the pot of a slow cooker, along with all the remaining ingredients except the crème fraiche.
Pour all of the soup back into the slow cooker and serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve. Large pinch of saffron threads, see notes below. Grilled cheese sandwiches for serving (optional) Instructions. You can cook Slow Cooker Tomato Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Tomato Soup
- You need 2 (28 oz) of cans of low/no sodium crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cups of low/no sodium chicken or vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 1-2 cups of carrots, diced.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- It’s 4 tbsp of no salt butter.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk, half and half, or coconut milk.
- You need of Ground black pepper for taste.
Heat the olive oil in the. Instructions Pour the tomatoes, broth, and garlic into the crock pot. If you are using dried basil, also add it now. Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker and mix.
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup instructions
- Add all of the ingredients, except the bay leaves and milk/cream, into the slow cooker. Stir everything together..
- Next, place the bay leaves into the pot, close the lid, set the temperature to low, and cook for 6 to 8 hours. It took us about 7 hours..
- At the end, remove half of the soup to a bowl or blender. Pour half of the milk/cream, and blend it all together. Repeat for the second half and return the soup to the slow cooker. **Remove the bay leaves before blending together**.
- Enjoy! Maybe with a Ghost shaped quesadilla?.
You can serve the soup like this if you prefer a chunky soup. Allow the tomato sound to cool for a little while and then puree with a hand-held blender, adjust seasoning and serve. Once you are ready to serve the soup, you will use an immersion blender to puree it to a smooth consistency. If you do not have an immersion blender, you can puree the soup in batches in a regular blender. Core the tomatoes and add to the slow cooker.