The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe. The most important step to any banana cake recipe is to use spotty, brown and slightly overripe bananas. The more brown spots you have, the better, as they get sweeter and more flavorful over time. I've added in a little bit of cinnamon with the dry ingredients to complement the prominent banana flavor in this cake.
The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe step by step. Sift the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt together in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas in a separate bowl. You can cook The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe
- You need of medium sized ripe bananas.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of nutmeg.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare of dark brown sugar.
- You need of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of and 1/2 cups whole milk.
- Prepare of peanut butter.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
Add the lemon juice to the whole milk. Gather the rest of the ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and brown sugar.. Our ratio of cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla to banana imbues each bite with the most balanced and decadent mix of flavors.
The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe step by step
- Sift the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt together in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas in a separate bowl. Add the lemon juice to the whole milk. Gather the rest of the ingredients..
- Grease a 5×9 inch baking pan..
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and brown sugar. Cream that with a hand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes until creamy and well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed..
- Next, add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. After all the eggs are well incorporated, add the peanut butter, mashed bananas and vanilla and mix again just until well combined..
- To continue, add in the dry ingredients in three batches alternating with the milk and lemon juice mixture. Mix just until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed. Do not over mix..
- Pour the banana cake batter in the greased pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 10 minutes on the middle rack of your oven and lower the heat to 300 degrees fahrenheit and bake an additional 35 minutes, baking times may vary depending on your oven..
- After taking the cake out of the oven, let it cool for five minutes in the pan and turn out unto a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy the cake your favourite way to do so. Happy baking!.
A step up from a traditional banana bread , this is very much a cake—depending on the butter-sugar mixture forming the batter's base and shaped in an easy-to-slice rectangle. Beat together butter, brown and white sugar until combined. Add in eggs one at a time and vanilla. Mix on high until light and fluffy (almost the texture of frosting). Instructions Cream together the butter and sugar.