Egg Tart. Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. For the custard filling, warm the milk in a saucepan, and beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a separate bowl until pale and creamy. Pour the milk onto the egg yolk mixture and stir well,.
Bring the cream, milk, vanilla bean paste and a small grating of nutmeg to the boil. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until pale, then pour the hot milk and cream over, beating as you go. Strain custard into a jug, allow to settle for a few mins, then skim off any froth. You can cook Egg Tart using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg Tart
- You need of Crust.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cold butter.
- Prepare 9 tablespoon of flour.
- You need 4 tablespoon of water.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 37 g of sugar.
- You need 37 g of hot water.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 62 ml of milk.
- It’s of vanilla.
- It’s of salt.
Egg tart made with Chinese puff pastry is one of the best Chinese desserts among the dim sum spread in Cantonese cuisine. Many people wish to make it at home but finally, give up because of the tedious process and the skills required. Some people settle for the second best (shortcrust pastry) which is easier to make. Real portuguese egg tarts have puff pastry shells, so I cut circules out of a sheet of puff pastry and lined my tart molds with that.
Egg Tart instructions
- For filling; firstly dissolve sugar in hot water..
- Beat egg with milk, vanilla and salt..
- Mix in sugar water..
- Sift the mixture..
- For crust; firstly use hand to incorporate flour with cold butter..
- Add in a few tablespoons of water until the dough form into a ball..
- If the dough is too dry, add water. If the dough is too wet, add flour..
- Wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for 10mins..
- Fit it in mould and use fork to poke holes to let the air escape..
- Pour filling into crust..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°c for 30 minutes..
Also used all half and half instead of a combo of heavy cream and milk. If you've ever been to Portugal, you know that one of the greatest pastries to binge-eat there is the Portuguese egg tart: its crisp, flaky crust holding a creamy custard center, blistered on top. Assemble the Tart Pour the egg and cream mixture through a sieve into the pastry case. Sprinkle with the grated nutmeg, making a generous, even layer. Use small baking beans or better yet rice to fill the lined tart shell.