Crispy Baked Zucchini. We're going where no other leading meal kit company has. Campbell's Tomato-Basil Zucchini Dish – Delicious And Healthy! Making this crispy zucchini is easy as pie!
In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, panko, and parmesan. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Dip the zucchini slices into the egg whites (letting any excess egg whites drip off). You can cook Crispy Baked Zucchini using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Baked Zucchini
- Prepare of Chrispy Baked Zucchini, I got this recipe from the Recipes filled with Love page on FB and tweaked it a little to get it to turn out right. Very yummy and healthier than fried.
- Prepare 4 medium of Zucchini.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive Oil divided.
- Prepare 1 large of Egg.
- You need 3 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of Panko or Plain Bread Crumbs (I used Panko).
- It’s 3/4 cup of Parm Cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried Basil.
Coat the slices in the panko mixture (use fingers to firmly adhear the mixture to the slices if necessary). Place on a greased baking sheet. This Crispy Baked Zucchini is a nice way to enjoy the vegetable as, well, a vegetable, and not dessert or breakfast food (though this is one of all-time favorite ways to eat it for breakfast!). You can serve it as an appetizer with some wine, rosé would be my choice.
Crispy Baked Zucchini step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Wash, trim and slice zucchini into 1/2" rounds..
- Drizzle 1 1/2 Tbsp. oil over baking sheet and evenly coat. Set aside..
- Combine bread crumbs, parm cheese, salt, pepper and basil in a shallow dish..
- Beat egg and milk in a small bowl. Dip zucchini slices into egg and milk wash then tranfer to bread crumb mixture, pressing on both sides to coat. Shake off excess and place on prepared baking sheet..
- Drizzel remaining oil over zucchini and bake in preheated oven 10 min. Using tongs, turn zucchini and bake another 10 min. or until golden brown..
In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and seasonings. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip zucchini slices in flour, then in egg and then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on a greased rack in a foil-lined rimmed baking pan. Crispy, crunchy zucchini chips are an excellent baked zucchini recipe when you have lots of the vegetable to use.