Pasta pie. Food you never knew you wanted. Delicious Pasta food delivered by Deliveroo. Check Out our Selection & Order Now.
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil for the spaghetti. In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, melted butter and Parmesan cheese until blended. Add spaghetti and toss to coat. You can cook Pasta pie using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta pie
- Prepare of pie.
- It’s 2 of or double of my homemade sauce recipe, in profile.
- It’s 32 oz of of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 lb of dried pasta, I used baby farfalle.
- You need 8 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 4 oz of grated romano cheese.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 2 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 large of cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
Spread cottage cheese onto bottom; top with beef mixture. Pasta pies are especially popular in the south of Italy, where they are often eaten on feast days and holidays. Of course, each of these has many versions depending on local culinary traditions and ingredients. Add one third of the cheese and stir to melt.
Pasta pie step by step
- Have sauce already prepared and reserve 3 cups for later..
- In large pot of salted boiling water, cook dried pasta 10-12 minutes, until al dente..
- In mixing bowl, add ricotta cheese, half of the grated romano cheese, eggs, onions, garlic, salt and pepper..
- Mix well making sure eggs are well incorporated. Set aside..
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and mix with larger amount of sauce..
- Mix in 3/4 amount of shredded mozzarella in pasta and sauce..
- In a 9" spring form dish, layer half of pasta..
- Next layer in ricotta mixture leaving 1/4" from edge of pan..
- Layer other half of pasta..
- Sprinkle on 1/4 remaining amount of mozzarella on top with a sprinkle of leftover grated romano..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 25 minutes, uncovered..
- Place on baking tray to catch any possible bubble over!.
- Let rest 15 minutes before slicing. Pour remaining sauce, hot, over each " slice of pasta pie" with a touch of romano..
- Enjoy! For best cutting results use a sharp knife but use a pie server to remove slices..
- Recipe by taylor68too.
Reduce the heat then add the butter. Warm and filling, pasta bakes are the perfect quick fix to mid-week meal dilemmas. Go for streamlined simplicity with a classic such as macaroni cheese, or throw in leftovers from the weekend and. Delicious pasta dishes from classic spaghetti Bolognese to lasagne and linguine. Find the perfect pasta recipe for midweek meals as well as easy pasta dishes you can rustle up using your storecupboard.