Tex's Simple Scampi Butty 🐠🍞. Great recipe for Tex's Simple Scampi Butty 🐠🍞. This is one of my favourite quickie sandwiches. It takes less time to cook, and is much tastier than a fish finger sarnie.
Who doesn't crave sweet shrimp in creamy lemon butter sauce? Aromatics — This recipe is simple and doesn't ask for lots of parts. Tex's Straightforward Scampi Butty 🐠🍞 instructions. You can cook Tex's Simple Scampi Butty 🐠🍞 using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tex's Simple Scampi Butty 🐠🍞
- Prepare 6-7 of frozen whole tail langoustine scampi in breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 of large bread bun.
- You need to taste of shredded or torn crispy lettuce.
- Prepare to taste of chopped or sliced tomatoes.
- It’s to taste of tartar sauce.
- It’s to taste of lemon juice.
- You need to taste of brown malt vinegar and sea salt to season.
- You need 30 grams of butter.
Slice the bread bun, and butter successfully. I'm using Whitby langoustine scampi for my butty. The entire recipe (sauce AND shrimp) can be made in about the same time it takes to boil your pasta! You'll need just a few simple ingredients….shrimp (obviously), garlic, crushed red pepper (you can skip this if you're sensitive to spice), butter, olive oil, white wine (also can be subbed with chicken stock), salt, pepper, parsley.
Tex's Simple Scampi Butty 🐠🍞 instructions
- Slice the bread bun, and butter well.
- I'm using Whitby langoustine scampi for my butty. Whitby's a Yorkshire coastal town, and the place where I've eaten the best fish & chips I ever had, and I've visited chippies all over England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
- Fortunately, Whitby langoustine scampi are available frozen and ready breaded, so I just need to cook them. I'm going to deep-fry them straight from frozen. Just pop them in hot oil at 170-180°C/340-355°F for 2-2½ minutes.
- Prep your veg.
- Add a generous smear of tartar sauce to the base of the bun, then the lettuce, and a few of the chopped tomatoes, or a slice if using slices.
- Finish off your scampi by frying off for a further 1½-2 minutes, and season with salt and vinegar.
- Add straight to the sandwich, and squeeze on a little lemon juice. Finally, smear the top of the bun with another helping of tartar sauce.
- Put on the lid and eat as a snack, or with chips/fries 🐠 🍟.
- Whitby is also the town where Bram Stoker wrote, and set, 'Dracula'.
- Remember how Dracula got to England? 'The Dimitry of Narva' was the inspiration for the shipwrecked vessel that brought Dracula to Yorkshire in 1887. And you can still see it's wreck today. I saw it first in the 1990s when I was camping near the edge of the cliff behind it. In the book, Stoker renamed the ship 'The Demeter of Varna'.
Shrimp scampi is a popular Italian-American seafood recipe that is perfect for entertaining or date night dinners at home. It calls for cooking shrimp in a buttery sauce with wine, garlic, lemon, and herbs, for a dish with amazing aesthetic appeal and a quick cooking time. Meanwhile spiralize your zucchini and set aside. I like a simple hand held spiralizer like this one, I have a more expensive one, but always reach for the hand held, for easy clean up and speed. Now, in a large saute pan, heat butter over medium heat.