Chinese BBQ Ground Beef & Rice. Mongolian beef is a classic Chinese takeout dish that typically consists of of thinly sliced strips of beef in a tasty sauce served over rice. This is quick and easy take on the dish replacing the strips of beef with ground beef and otherwise it is pretty much the same. The traditional approach to making the Cantonese ground beef rice bowl is to marinate the beef in the sauce and cornstarch, then cook it in a wok.
For an easy introduction to the Chinese technique of " red cooking," this soy sauce braised beef dish is hard to beat. You'll learn the principles of braising with soy sauce and Chinese rice wine. Stewing the beef for over an hour makes the beef tender and infused with soy sauce. You can cook Chinese BBQ Ground Beef & Rice using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Ground Beef & Rice
- You need 1 inch of long piece fresh ginger finely grated.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of celery stock finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of small carrot finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 of large sweet onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of liquid aminos.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chinese style bbq sauce (see my recipe).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sriracha.
- It’s 1 tsp of stir fry sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need of Rice.
- You need 2 cups of white rice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of stir fry sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 of ground turmeric.
Cook a small batch each time and make sure all of the beef slices are cooked within a short period. Prepare your steamed rice previously or you can use plain cooked noodles, or steamed buns. The beef should be served immediately once done. Asian recipes made with beef mince aren't that common, but there are a handful of terrific ones and they are worth knowing for the convenience of being able to make a quick meal when you've got a packet of mince on hand.
Chinese BBQ Ground Beef & Rice step by step
- In a large skillet on medium low heat without oil lightly toast the sesame seeds then set aside..
- In large skillet add the oil, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, turmeric, vinegar and liquid aminos..
- Once the veggies are soft add the ground beef. Cook until done and browned a bit..
- Add all the sauce ingredients and simmer until thickened..
- Add rice ingredients to rice cooker and follow directions for your model..
- Once rice is done and sitting on the warm setting add any vegetables you would want like broccoli, bamboo shoots or whatever you have on hand..
- Spoon some rice into a bowl cover with the beef and top with the toasted sesame and any other garnish of your choice like scallions or shredded cabbage and carrots..
Korean BBQ beef is one of our favorite dishes to prepare at home, but when we want an easier, quicker, and cheaper alternative, Korean ground beef is the way to go. Made with ground beef and a simple four-ingredient sauce, it delivers the sweet and savory flavors we love in half the cost and half the time. Living in Austin Texas, we have the privilege of enjoying high quality BBQ. That meal is more than enough for two. Ground beef stir fry is an easy and delicious weeknight dinner.