Easy Chocolate Cake. In a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then beat in vanilla.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition. It is a simple recipe, calling for ingredients you most likely have in your pantry and fridge, including flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. This chocolate cake recipe also calls for boiling water, which helps bloom the cocoa powder, giving the cake a deeper chocolate flavor. You can have Easy Chocolate Cake using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Chocolate Cake
- Prepare 2 cups of plain flour (I used tea cup for all measurements).
- It’s 1 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 cup of caster sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted butter (slightly cooled).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 of flat tbsp baking powder.
- It’s of Topping (optional).
- It’s of Few blocks of chocolate bar.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of butter.
- You need of Sieved icing sugar.
To make this chocolate cake recipe, you'll first mix together the dry ingredients, including the sugars. That means you'll mix together brown sugar, white sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sift the cocoa powder to avoid chunks if you want. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
Easy Chocolate Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Put together all dry ingredients in a big mixing bowl (flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder), put 3 eggs and start mixing..
- Pour melted butter and water and keep mixing. Pour it to ready greased cake tin, you can use baking paper for the base which makes it easier..
- Bake it for 40 minutes. Closer to the time, start melting chocolate bar and butter. Use microwave if you prefer ! When it’s done, pour the chocolate topping on top and leave it to cool down. Sieve the icing sugar on top ! Enjoy :).
For the chocolate cake: Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add egg and butter; mix well. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.