Lenten Tomato Soup. The Freshest Seafood From Cornwall, Delivered Straight to Your Door. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Heat the oil in small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients, including black pepper to taste, and bring to the boil.
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Place the tomatoes in a food processor or liquidiser and puree until smooth. Pour this into the pot with the onion along with the chicken stock and the lentils Place the washed lentils into a large saucepan or stockpot cover with the stock. You can cook Lenten Tomato Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lenten Tomato Soup
- Prepare 1 can of Tomato Soup.
- You need 1 can of Water.
- It’s Dashes of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/8 t of Ground Tumeric.
- It’s Dashes of Ground Dry Basil.
- It’s 1/4 c of Milk.
- It’s 2 T of or about a squeeze of Honey Mustard Salad dressing *.
Place the lentils, stock, tomatoes (including any juice), and fresh herbs into a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add the lentils, stock, tomatoes with their juice, tomato purée and bay leaf. Meanwhile, stir the coriander into the yoghurt for the garnish. Remove the bay leaf from the soup.
Lenten Tomato Soup step by step
- Heat soup and water in saucepan on low 5 minutes to warm.
- Stir in each other ingredient, salad dressing last..
- Cook on medium heat, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes until well blended and soup eating hottness..
- Serve up with Shredded Wheat (Honey Nut is okay read label if watching sugar for lent).
- Some contain sugar.
If you would like to turn it into a creamy tomato and lentil soup just stir in some yoghurt or cream at the end. If you prefer a more intense tomato taste you could also add in a little tomato puree. Once their scent is in the air, add the olive oil along with the onions and garlic. Cook through until the onions start to soften. Add in the tins of chopped tomatoes, stir through and then add the red split lentils, stirring it all into a thick mixture.