Vegetarian Japanese Curry Rice. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Discover The Latest Outdoor Collection Now.
Japanese curry is much thicker and stew-like in consistency- kind of like hayashi rice. It's also distinctively sweeter, much less spicy than Indian or Thai curry. There is also a lot of other seasonings added that you typically would not find in Indian or Thai curry such as apples or pickles. You can have Vegetarian Japanese Curry Rice using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Japanese Curry Rice
- Prepare of POUNDED PASTE.
- You need 1 tbsp of dice shallots.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dice garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 of green apples.
- You need 1/2 small of carrots.
- It’s of VEGETABLE OPTION.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion.
- It’s 3 cup of okra.
- Prepare 1 of red apple.
- You need 1/2 of green apple.
- Prepare 1 small of carrot.
- It’s 5 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika or chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of seasoned salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
Home-made Vegetarian Curry Base The main ingredient of the curry base is a large amount of thinly sliced onion. Added to the onion slices are flour, curry powder, chilli powder and tomato paste. Start by rinsing the rice in cold water. Repeat a couple times until the water begins to run clear.
Vegetarian Japanese Curry Rice step by step
- Pound ginger ,garlic and shallot with green apple and carrot.
- With butter saute onion then add pounded paste ,continue to stir fry for few minutes in low heat till its almist dried and lightly brown but not burn.
- Add curry powder with sweet paprika or fine chili powder and stir fry till its mix well and then add flour then stir fry starting to dry for about 2 minutes.
- Add okra , apple and carrot with 1cup of any stock then stir fry gently to mix ( do not over stir okra as it will cause this dish to be slimmy ) then then cover lid and simmer in low heat for 10 minute.
- Season with salt then simmer another 2 minute then off heat and serve with white rice.
- BELOW,ARE FEW OF MY CURRY RECIPE,I AM GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334328-halibut-fish-curry.
Vegan Japanese Curry Rice A plant-based version of our favorite Japanese curry rice, a popular dish of vegetables and meat simmered in a thick curry gravy served over steamed rice. Place katsu over the rice and pour the curry. Curry udon >> Dilute curry by adding dashi stock to make noodle soup. Boil udon noodles and pour the soup over. One of the main sources of protein in my Japanese curry rice dishes is grechka (left), also known as buckwheat barley.