Blackened Tuna Steaks ( Or any firm fish steak or fillet ). Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Great recipe for Blackened Tuna Steaks ( Or any firm fish steak or fillet ).
When oil is nearly smoking, place steaks in pan. Rinse your tuna steaks and pat them dry with paper towels. Dip one tuna steak at a time in the melted butter ensuring both sides of fish are covered with butter. You can have Blackened Tuna Steaks ( Or any firm fish steak or fillet ) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blackened Tuna Steaks ( Or any firm fish steak or fillet )
- Prepare 4 of 6 ounce fresh tuna steaks.
- It’s 1 of recipe of White Marinade and Barbeque sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of cajun seasoning spice blend.
- Prepare 1 of FOR SERVING.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon wedges.
- You need 1 of Melted butter.
Remove from butter without sitting fish down and sprinkle fish on both sides generously with seasoning, patting by hand. Repeat this step for the second piece of tuna. This works with literally any type of fish or shrimp. You could even use this on chicken too!
Blackened Tuna Steaks ( Or any firm fish steak or fillet ) instructions
- In a small bowl combine pepper and cajun seasoning.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat..
- 15 minutes before grilling brush fish with White Marinade/Sauce,. Right before grilling sprinkle each steak evenly with pepper/cajun spice mix. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347418-white-marinade-and-barbeque-sauce-for-meat-and-seafood.
- Grill.over direct heat 2 to 4 minutes, on each side, depending on how you like it done and thickness of fish. Do not overcook..
- This can be pan seared by brushing a bit lighter with sauce. Heat a tablespoon of oil.in a pan until hot and sear for the same 2 to 4 minutes on each side..
- This also is great on salmon, swordfish, tilapia any firm fish!.
- Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges.
Just mix the spices together and rub both sides of the Tuna to evenly coat it. Add Coconut Oil to a large cast iron skillet, heat on med/high heat. When oil is melted and shimmering add Tuna Steaks. Or you may choose to use a dry rub like we do for this blackened tuna recipe. Mix the paprika, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and salt in a shake top bottle, or small bowl.