Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos. They also only used homemade salsas and guacamole! Scatter the pork butt on top of the oranges. Pour the achiote puree inside the slow cooker.
We're using a multi-cooker to make this dish weeknight friendly! Course Entree, Main Course In a skillet, brown pork in oil. Remove from pan and keep warm. You can have Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos using 29 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos
- It’s 1 (2.5 lb) of Pork Shoulder Or Butt Roast.
- Prepare 2 (32 oz) of Boxes Chicken Broth [use 1.5+].
- It’s 1 of Mexican Beer.
- It’s 1 of Medium Diced Green Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of LG Diced White Onion [+ reserves].
- It’s 1/2 of LG Diced Red Onion [+ reserves].
- It’s 1 (10 oz) of Can Rotell [or more].
- You need 2 of Small Oranges [halved – divided].
- You need 2 of Limes [halved – divided + reserves].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves].
- It’s 1 of EX LG Jalapeño [+ reserves].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cumin [divided].
- You need 1 tsp of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of Can Green Chilies.
- It’s 1 (10 oz) of Can Tomiitillas [hand crushed].
- You need 1 (4 oz) of Can Green Chilies.
- You need 1 Head of Fresh Garlic [minced].
- It’s of ● Garnishes & Side Options.
- It’s of Shreadded Cabbage.
- You need of Sliced Radishes.
- Prepare of Sliced Avocados.
- You need of Lime Quarters.
- Prepare of Sour Cream.
- It’s of Red & Green Salsas [see my EZ recipes].
- Prepare Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
- You need of Chilled Guacamole [see my EZ recipe].
- Prepare of Shreadded Cheeses.
- It’s of Sliced Jalapeños.
- It’s of Warmed 6 " Tortillas [flour or corn].
In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, chilies, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper. Juice orange into bowl and remove any seeds. Add juice from orange halves into pot, then add spent halves.
Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos step by step
- Here's the majority of items you'll be needing. Roast and seasonings not pictured here..
- Add1 1/2 boxes chicken broth, 1 bottle Mexican beer,1 tbsp Cumin, 1 halved lime, 1 halved orange and 1 two pound pork roast to a large pot. SImmer on high for 1 hour covered..
- In the meantime, chop your main pot ingredients, condiments/reserves and refrigerate until needed..
- After 1 hour, add your primary ingredients [everything except for reserves] and seasonings to your simmering pot. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours longer. Or, until pork is falling apart. Add reserved 1 tbsp Cumin last..
- Strain your solids from your broth and reserve both separately. Fork shred your pork roast. I reserve the fluids for the following day to rehydrate any leftovers..
- Place a small amount of your broth back into your shreadded pork, mix and seal tightly until ready to fry..
- Add some lard to a high heated pan. You're wanting to put a sear or char on one side of your pork mixture. Much like Carnitas..
- Add your pork mixture to your heated pan. Allow any fluids to dissipate and a char to form on the bottom. Add salt at this point if you'd like..
- To Construct Tacos: Smear 1/2 side of tortilla with sour cream and the other with guacamole. This will help the pork mixture and vegetables to hold on firmly..
- Add heated pork mixture to tortilla and squeeze in a bit of lime juice..
- Add whatever fresh chilled additions you'd like..
- Prepare tacos for service and offer lime wedges, green and red salsas as well as other fresh vegetables to the side. Enjoy!.
- My students also made FANTASTIC school lunches with all the sides out of this easy recipe too! Green & red salsas, cheeses, guacamole, tortillas, herbs, limes, shreadded cabbage, sour cream, meats – the works!.
Shredded pork tacos are awesome and this recipe is fabulous! Start by searing chunks of pork loin roast and then slow cook it with Mexican seasonings until it shreds. Stuff it into corn tortillas and fry until crispy. Add some of your favorite taco toppings and dig in! Shred the pork with a pair of forks.