Easy Lemon & Lime Pie. Natural Antique Stone Tiles & Slabs Create an Old Farmhouse/Manor Look. Items in stock and ready for delivery. Independent certification is available on request.
A delicate, zingy vegan lemon cake made without eggs, milk or butter! Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together until thick and pale. The recipe is great for bake sales, an after-meal dessert or a sweet weekend pick-me-up. You can have Easy Lemon & Lime Pie using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Lemon & Lime Pie
- It’s of For the biscuit base.
- It’s 300 g of ginger nut biscuits.
- It’s 120 g of butter, melted.
- It’s of For the filling.
- It’s 1 of x 397g can condensed milk (I use Nestle).
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks.
- You need of Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes.
- Prepare of Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare of For the Swiss meringue topping.
- Prepare 3 of egg whites.
- You need 160 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need of Extra lime zest, to decorate.
A light sponge with a slathering of lemon curd really hits. Add the eggs one at a time, blending after each addition. Add the flour and lemon zest and blend until smooth. Pour the batter into the lined baking tin, flatten the top with the back of a spoon.
Easy Lemon & Lime Pie step by step
- Heat the oven to fan 140C Whizz 300g biscuits to crumbs in a food processor (or put in a strong plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin)..
- Mix with the melted butter and press into the base and up the sides of a 22cm loose-based tart tin. Bake blind in the oven for 10 minutes or until the base is lightly coloured. Remove and cool..
- Put 3 medium egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk for a minute with electric beaters..
- Add a can of condensed milk and whisk for 3 minutes, then add the zest & juice of the limes and lemon and whisk again for 3 minutes..
- Pour the filling into the cooled base then put back in the oven for 15 minutes. Cool then chill for at least 3 hours or overnight if you like. When you are ready to serve, carefully remove the pie from the tin and put on a serving plate..
- To make the topping, put the egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar and lime juice into a mixing bowl (ideally the one you are going to fix to your electric mixer later). Place the mixing bowl over a bain marie on a gentle heat and, using a whisk, stir gently and continuously until the sugar has dissolved and the temperature of the mixture reaches around 80 degrees..
- Once temperature is reached and the sugar has dissolved, remove from the bain marie and place under your electric mixer with the balloon whisk attached. Whisk on high for around 10-12 minutes until stiff, beautifully glossy and fluffy..
- Dollop or pipe the creme onto the top of the pie and blast with a blowtorch to lightly brown and caramelize the marshmallowwy top. Finish with extra lime zest..
Look no further for the best lemon cake recipes. Perfect for birthdays, family events, Mother's Day Easter or a baking Sunday. Choose lemon cake recipes from BBC Chefs such as Mary Berry, Raymond. We've got everything from baked lemon and raspberry cheesecake to easy no-cook versions. Need a simple, zingy dessert you can make with minimal fuss?