Easy Lemon & Lime Pie. Buy Yellow Sapphire, Quartz, Citrine, Opal, Sillimanite, Tourmaline, Zircon and more. Items in stock and ready for delivery. Independent certification is available on request.
Choose from one of our zesty recipes including a chilled lemon soufflé, homemade lemonade, a zingy lemon tart and even a gorgeous risotto. From really easy lemon yoghurt cakes to all-in-one lemon sponge cake – find plenty of easy lemon cake recipes that are bound to tickle your tastebuds! This lemon curd cake is very moist and easy to make. You can cook Easy Lemon & Lime Pie using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Lemon & Lime Pie
- It’s of For the biscuit base.
- Prepare of ginger nut biscuits.
- It’s of butter, melted.
- It’s of For the filling.
- It’s of x 397g can condensed milk (I use Nestle).
- It’s of egg yolks.
- It’s of Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes.
- Prepare of Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare of For the Swiss meringue topping.
- It’s of egg whites.
- It’s of caster sugar.
- It’s of cream of tartar.
- Prepare of lime juice.
- It’s of Extra lime zest, to decorate.
I also sometimes put them in cup cases to make easy for a packed lunch or picnic. Add the eggs one at a time, blending after each addition. Add the flour and lemon zest and blend until smooth. Pour the batter into the lined baking tin, flatten the top with the back of a spoon.
Easy Lemon & Lime Pie step by step
- Heat the oven to fan 140C Whizz 300g biscuits to crumbs in a food processor (or put in a strong plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin)..
- Mix with the melted butter and press into the base and up the sides of a 22cm loose-based tart tin. Bake blind in the oven for 10 minutes or until the base is lightly coloured. Remove and cool..
- Put 3 medium egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk for a minute with electric beaters..
- Add a can of condensed milk and whisk for 3 minutes, then add the zest & juice of the limes and lemon and whisk again for 3 minutes..
- Pour the filling into the cooled base then put back in the oven for 15 minutes. Cool then chill for at least 3 hours or overnight if you like. When you are ready to serve, carefully remove the pie from the tin and put on a serving plate..
- To make the topping, put the egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar and lime juice into a mixing bowl (ideally the one you are going to fix to your electric mixer later). Place the mixing bowl over a bain marie on a gentle heat and, using a whisk, stir gently and continuously until the sugar has dissolved and the temperature of the mixture reaches around 80 degrees..
- Once temperature is reached and the sugar has dissolved, remove from the bain marie and place under your electric mixer with the balloon whisk attached. Whisk on high for around 10-12 minutes until stiff, beautifully glossy and fluffy..
- Dollop or pipe the creme onto the top of the pie and blast with a blowtorch to lightly brown and caramelize the marshmallowwy top. Finish with extra lime zest..
Bake a batch of these easy muffins, drizzled with a tangy lemon icing, using an all-in-one method. They're great for elevenses or whenever you need a sweet treat. Put the lemon zest, juice, sugar and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until the butter has melted. Then, using a small whisk or fork, stir in the beaten egg.