🌮Fajita Steak🌮. Lay the steaks in a shallow dish or tray, then pour over the marinade. Place steak strips into the marinade and. Add steak strips, and fry until cooked.
Set a large cast iron skillet or pan over high heat and let heat up for a couple of minutes. Add the steak to the pan. FAJITA VEGGIES: Add the remaining tablespoon of oil. You can have 🌮Fajita Steak🌮 using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 🌮Fajita Steak🌮
- Prepare 300 g of lean beef steak.
- Prepare 1 of &1/2 tbsp extra virgin or sunflower oil.
- It’s 2 of green peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 of red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of red or yellow onions, cut into thin wedges.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 of long red chilli, finely chopped,.
- You need of or 1/2 tsp dried red chilli flakes.
- Prepare of lime wedges, for squeezing.
- It’s of white or wholemeal flour tortillas warmed, to serve.
- You need of lettuces, trimmed and shredded, to serve.
- You need 6 tbsp of natural yoghurt, to serve.
- It’s of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To start, bring rice (dry weight) to the boil cook according to the directions on the packet. A fajita in Tex-Mex cuisine is any grilled meat served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. The dish is derived from the Spanish word "fajita," meaning a little strip or a little belt. Fajitas are normally filled tortillas wraps made in Mexican and Tex-Mex culture.
🌮Fajita Steak🌮 step by step
- Season the beef with pepper. Heat half a tablespoon of the oil in large, non-stick frying pan and stir-fry the beef (such as sirloin or rump, visible fat trimmed and cut into thin strips) for 1&1/2 minutes, or until lightly browned but not quite cooked through. Tip onto a plate, set aside and return the pan to the heat..
- Add the remaining oil, peppers and onions to the pan and stir-fry for 5–6 minutes, or until only just softened. Add the cumin and paprika. Season with salt and black pepper and cook for 30 seconds, then stir in the cooked beef. Cook for 2–3 minutes, or until the beef are hot..
- Stir in the chilli and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for a few seconds more. Remove from the heat, over a squeeze of lime. Toss lightly..
- Divide the tortillas between four warmed plates. Top with shredded lettuce then pile the beef mixture on top. Spoon the yoghurt over each tortilla and Serve immediately, with extra lime wedges for squeezing..
Fillings are usually chicken, beef or veggie but can contain anything you like – beans, fish, prawns and more. Make your own spice mix using storecupboard staples. Use in fajitas instead of a ready-made spice mix, or rub onto meats and vegetables for an extra dose of flavour in other meals. This recipe makes fajitas that are addictive! And I ought to know – I'm from Texas!