Easy herbed bread (modified from King Arthur Flour recipe). Slice the top of the bread with decorative patterns using a sharp knife and brush surface of dough with eggwash. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, mixing and kneading to make a smooth, very soft dough. After the first rise, deflate the dough and form into a large round or a long loaf.
The dough will remain somewhat sticky, but should definitely form a ball. Combine all of the ingredients, and mix and knead — by hand, mixer, or bread machine set on the dough cycle — until smooth, adding additional water or flour as needed. Whisk milk, olive oil, and egg together. You can cook Easy herbed bread (modified from King Arthur Flour recipe) using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy herbed bread (modified from King Arthur Flour recipe)
- You need 4 cups of bread flour + extra for dusting.
- Prepare 3 tsp of herbs de Provence.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of instant dry yeast.
- You need 1.5 cups of warm water.
- Prepare 1 of egg for eggwash, lightly beaten.
Pour into dry mix and start to combine. While the dry ingredients and milk mixture combine, slowly pour in the water. In a large bowl fold together flour, yeast, salt sugar, oregano, thyme, marjoram, and thyme with a rubber spatula. Fold in warm water and olive oil and stir until mixed thoroughly (bread will be sticky).
Easy herbed bread (modified from King Arthur Flour recipe) step by step
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl and form a well in the center.
- Add 1.5 cups of warm water gradually and stir.
- Knead dough with hands, dusting with extra flour if dough is sticky until a soft smooth dough is formed.
- Rest the dough in a well greased bowl, covered with an oiled cling wrap for 1 hour in a warm place. Dough should be more than doubled in size by now..
- Remove dough and place on a flourboard/work surface lightly dusted with flour. Gently punch out air pockets and shape dough into a circle by folding and pinching dough..
- Place dough on a greased baking sheet and rest for another 30-45 minute for 2nd rise. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius in the meantime..
- Slice the top of the bread with decorative patterns using a sharp knife and brush surface of dough with eggwash. Bake in the oven for 30-35min until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped. Leave to cool for 30min before slicing..
- Serve warm with soups/olive oil or use it to make sandwiches. Voila! All done!.
- Note: dough will be a little sticky and soft. Dust with extra flour as needed..
When your bread is risen, use a sieve to dust the loaves with a thin coat of flour. Place the bread in the oven and pour the boiling water into the frying pan below. Using the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed to make a shaggy dough. The secret to better breads: Our higher gluten bread flour delivers consistent, dependable results. Your choice of flour makes a very big difference in bread baking: flours with a higher protein content create loftier yeasted breads.