Beef enchiladas. Ground beef and onion are wrapped in flour tortillas, topped with Cheddar cheese and black olives, then baked. This is also great with leftover chicken, shredded beef or turkey. Serve with a green salad or beans and rice.
Ground beef and onion are wrapped in flour tortillas, topped with Cheddar cheese and black olives, then baked. This is also great with leftover chicken, shredded beef or turkey. Serve with a green salad or beans and rice. You can cook Beef enchiladas using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef enchiladas
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb. of Ground beef.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp. of Chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp. of Ground cumin.
- You need 2 tsp. of Ground coriander.
- You need 1 tsp. of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of yellow onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz.) of Can tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 C. of water.
- It’s 8 oz. of Sharp cheddar cheese, divided.
- You need 1/3 C. of Fresh cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 2 of jalapenos, sliced (optional).
- Prepare 12 of corn tortillas.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, green onion, and jalapeno pepper until the beef is evenly brown. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Add a tablespoon of cheese and roll the tortillas closed. Place the filled tortillas, seam-side down, on the prepared baking dish.
Beef enchiladas instructions
- In small bowl, combine garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, sugar and salt..
- Add ground beef to large skillet and heat on med-high heat until browned, about 6-8 min..
- Remove meat to strainer to drain. Meanwhile in same skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Once shimmering add onions and brown, about 5 min. Add garlic mixture and simmer until fragrant, 1 min..
- Add the tomato sauce and water, bring to a boil. Return meat to the skillet and simmer on low covered for 10 min..
- Meanwhile heat 2 Tbsp. oil in small skillet over med-high heat. Add one tortilla to the oil and flip after a few sec. (Just want to make them soft and easy for rolling at this point.).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Strain meat mixture over a medium sized bowl. Return solids from the strainer back to skillet and mix with 1/2 cheese and cilantro..
- Place 1/2 sauce from meat mixture into bottom of a 9×13 baking dish..
- Spread meat mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll tightly. Place seam side down in baking dish..
- Cover the enchiladas with remaining sauce and cheese. Cover with foil and place in oven for 25 min..
- Remove foil and place back in oven 5-7 min or until cheese is golden brown. Add fresh, sliced jalapenos if desired. Serve with a side of homemade Mexican rice..
Beef Enchiladas I love that there are so many variations of Beef Enchiladas in this big-wide-world. Simple ones, filled with a plain cooked beef filling then topped with enchilada sauce and (lots of) cheese. Fancy ones with the addition of chillies, beans, corn and even olives, sometimes even bacon. How to make beef enchiladas: Cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain the grease and then sprinkle the meat with the homemade taco seasoning and stir with tomato sauce.