Apple Pie Crumble (Dutch Apple Pie). An apple crumble is one of Britain's favourite desserts, so you can depend on an apple crumble pie (otherwise known as a Dutch apple pie) to be a crowd pleaser, too! It has a streusel or oat crumb topping instead of the pastry top of a normal apple pie. Homemade apple pie filling, "foolproof" pie crust, and a crumble topping make this Apple Crumble Pie, it is one scrumptious pie recipe!
And I have a recipe that WORKS every time. Spread the apple filling evenly into the prepared pie crust. Using your hand, press the apple filling down tightly so that the apples are packed together. You can cook Apple Pie Crumble (Dutch Apple Pie) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Crumble (Dutch Apple Pie)
- It’s of pie crust (recipe in Peach Blueberry Cobbler Crumble).
- You need of Crumble topping (also in that recipe).
- Prepare 2 of Large green apples 🍏.
- It’s Squeeze of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly on the apples. Transfer your apple pie dish to a larger baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Place the pastry in the pie plate, pressing down slightly. Put the pastry lined pie plate in the freezer while preparing apples.
Apple Pie Crumble (Dutch Apple Pie) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Roll out dough. Spray desired pie pan and lay out dough in the pan and poke a few fork holes too. Bake about 10-12 min set Aside.
- Peel and slice apples thin..
- Squeeze lemon juice over the apples then toss those apples in the sugar cinnamon and vanilla.
- In saucepan on medium heat, melt the better and then add Apple mixture.
- Sauté the apples for a few minutes then add the cream. Once apples are tender stir in cornstarch completely them remove from heat..
- Place apples in pre baked pie pan. Drain some liquid from the apples as you add to the pie crust if necessary. Completely cover top of Apples with Crumble. Place in oven bake for 25-30 mins until crumble is nice golden color. Let set and enjoy ❤️. Eat warm!!.
This is my version of Dutch apple pie. Dutch apple pie is traditionally eaten cold, with optional (sweetened) whipped cream (to balance out the tangy apple). But feel free to stick a slice in the microwave for a minute and eat with custard or ice cream instead! Enjoy your amazing Oatmeal Crumb Topping Dutch Apple Pie Dutch Apple Pie (aka apple crumble pie, aka perhaps the most perfect pie in existence) is filled with cinnamon-spiced homemade apple pie filling and topped with a glorious buttery streusel crumb topping. It's an utterly blissful experience to eat a slice of slightly warm dutch apple pie with a scoop of ice cream!