Easy French Bread. Looking for recipes from world-class chefs that will impress family, friends or guests? The Inspired Home is the choice for all your recipe needs. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
Emily Hlavac Green French bread is an easy homemade bread that's perfect for any use. It's great to rip apart and eat as is, sliced open for sandwiches like a banh mi, or toasted for garlic bread. DIRECTIONS Add the yeast to the water in a medium-large bowl, then sprinkle the sugar over the top of it. You can have Easy French Bread using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy French Bread
- You need 3 cups of bread flour.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar or honey.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 2 of and 1/4 teaspoon yeast.
- Prepare of ×× can double recipe ××.
Let it sit for five minutes or so, or until the yeast mixture looks frothy on top. Stir in the salt, oil, and flour. In a mixing bowl add sugar and water. Stir to dissolve sugar and sprinkle with yeast.
Easy French Bread step by step
- Dissolve sugar in warm water. Add yeast and allow to foam..
- Mix flour, salt and add to yeast mixture. Add oil and stir..
- Knead with stand mixer or by hand until dough comes together in a smooth ball. About 5 to 7 minutes. If to sticky add flour a little at a time..
- Grease a bowl with oil and turn dough around to coat. Let rise until double in size. About an hour..
- Punch down dough and roll into rectangle like making jelly roll..
- Roll up like jelly roll and tuck under ends. Place seam side down on baking sheet or in loaf pan that has been oiled..
- Cut slits across top. Brush with egg wash for shinier crust..
- Allow to rise until doubled again. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped..
- Remove from loaf pan or cool on baking rack. Brush with butter. I like adding garlic and parsley..
Add oil, salt and half of the flour. Brush the dough lightly with egg wash. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Delicious and decadent, simple spin on French toast. Got the idea from a bed and breakfast in the south.