Southwestern style eggrolls. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For Style Egg? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Corn, black beans, cumin, and Monterey Jack cheese lend Southwestern flavor to these fried egg rolls.
Sour cream and guacamole are a tasty party trick. The Best Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls are a colorful combination of golden corn, black beans, red bell peppers, jalapeños, shredded cheese and tender bites of chicken with a sweet and spicy southwest seasoning all wrapped up in an egg roll wrapper. These won't last long at your next party! You can cook Southwestern style eggrolls using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southwestern style eggrolls
- It’s 1 lb of Ground beef/turkey.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of -2 red/yellow bell peppers, chopped.
- It’s 1 can of corn, drained.
- Prepare 1 can of Diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of Black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 packages of taco seasoning.
- You need 1/2 of of enchilada sauce recipe. see step 1 for recipe..
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 packages of egg roll wrappers.
- It’s of frying oil.
- You need of olive oil.
Small flour tortillas are stuffed with an exciting blend of Southwestern-style ingredients, then deep fried until golden brown. Mix in corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Remove from heat and stir in Monterey Jack cheese so that it melts. Wrap tortillas with a clean, lightly moist cloth.
Southwestern style eggrolls instructions
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan on stove..
- Add chopped onion and peppers and saute until soft..
- Add meat and brown. Carefully drain. Add water and taco seasoning and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer until water is almost gone..
- Add corn,tomatoes, and beans. Mix well and add enchilada sauce..
- Cook until heated through and slightly thickened..
- Remove from heat and add cilantro. Let cool slightly..
- Heat frying pan on medium – medium high and add frying oil..
- Lay an eggroll wrapper on a flat surface and add 2-3 spoonfuls of meat mixture diagonally in the center. Fold burrito style. You can seal the seams with water so they hold better..
- Repeat until all the wrappers and/or meat mixture is gone..
- Fry the eggrolls in the hot oil, flipping once to brown both sides. Lay on paper towels to drain excess grease when done..
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, or whatever else you like..
Directions In a large bowl combine chicken, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno, black beans, and corn. Season with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Lay an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in. These egg rolls are made with spicy, southwestern-style seasoned real-white meat chicken, spinach, cheese, black beans, and other vegetables wrapped in a crispy flour tortilla. They are fast and easy to prepare in the deep fryer, oven or the microwave.