Spicy Potato Skins. Combine the salt and the spices and sprinkle the mixture over the potatoes. In a small bowl, stir together butter, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and paprika. Brush the inside of the potato skins with the butter mixture.
Save the insides for mashed potatoes for tomorrow's dinner! Rub the potatoes with a bit of olive oil and lightly salt the skins. Add the milk, butter, cheese, and scallions and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. You can have Spicy Potato Skins using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Potato Skins
- Prepare 2 large of potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of mince mix from my doritos recipe.
- It’s 4 tbsp of crushed doritos.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of tomato sauce from my doritos recipe.
Season with salt and pepper. "These tasty potato skins are lower in fat than the original version because they are baked and not fried," says recipe creator Candice. Place in a bowl and mash along with salt & pepper and Reggae Reggae sauce Heat the oil in a pan and fry off the spring and red onion until soft. Roasted Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins Proof that big things come in small packages, Roasted Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins combine the best of jalapeno poppers and potato skins. These creamy, spicy bites are a delicious and mouthwatering appetizer recipe!
Spicy Potato Skins instructions
- prick the potatoes all over. microwave them 2 minutes each side. cut them in half lengthways and scoop out most of the insides. add to the mince with the cream cheese and butter. mix well.
- pile the mix evenly into the skins and top with doritos. bake at 200°c until skins are crispy and brown.
- heat the tomato sauce and top the skins. serve with bread and butter.
Loaded Potato Skins Potato skins are delicious and easy to make. We use russet potatoes as the skins hold up well (but save the skins from baked sweet potatoes, because you can eat sweet potato skins and they're amazing in this recipe too)! Most restaurant style potato skins are deep fried and then the toppings are added and they're broiled. Cut the potatoes in half, and when cool enough to handle, scoop out the warm flesh into a bowl. Fry the bacon until crisp, set aside.