Carrot Cake. However, once iced with cream cheese frosting, they should be stored in the fridge. You can freeze an un-iced carrot cake for up to. Top this classic carrot cake with moreish icing and chopped walnuts or pecans.
Break the eggs into a large bowl, and lightly whisk using a fork. Whisk the oil, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and zest in a jug. Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg with a good pinch of salt in a bowl. You can have Carrot Cake using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 3 cups of shredded carrots.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecan + 1/2 cup for garnishing.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of For Frosting.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 4 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
Squeeze any lumps of sugar through your fingers, shaking the bowl a few times to bring the lumps to the surface. There's nothing better than tucking into a slice of classic carrot cake, no matter if its for a tasty afternoon treat or a scrumptious dessert. Try this light and moist carrot cake, spiced with cinnamon, topped with thick creamy frosting, crushed walnuts and seeds, and a sprinkle of carrot to finish. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour.
Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl break n whisk eggs, sugar oil and vanilla..
- Then stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt, baking powder, nutmeg. Then fold in shredded carrots and pecans.
- Grease and flour 9 inch baking pan.(I used 2 round ones).
- Add the batter to the baking pan and place in the oven to bake for 40 to 50 mins. When finish baking put to cool for abt 1hr.
- For frosting: In a bowl add powdered(confectionery) sugar, vanilla, soft cream cheese and butter and mix until creamed..
- Once cake is cool remove from baking pan and place on a cake rack. Spread frosting to the top and then topped with pecans. (Nb because I made 2 cakes I shave the top of one of the cake to be flat enough then I spread frosting then I place the second cake on top then spread frosting again n all over the cakes). Hope you enjoy!!!.
For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing. We like to think the humble carrot cake is something of a teatime classic. Try one of our go-to carrot cake recipes to keep you inspired, including a carrot and parsnip cake with rose frosting, a carrot and cheesecake layer cake and a carrot bundt cake.