Cheesy Beef Enchiladas : ). Cheesy Beef Enchiladas Warm up a cold winter night with a hearty serving of Tex-Mex food. These enchiladas have a flavorful combination of ingredients and a rich homemade sauce. This easy one-dish meal gives me more time to spend with guests.
Cheese and Beef Enchiladas Paula Mae Stevens. Brown ground beef until thoroughly cooked; drain. Spoon meat mixture onto tortillas roll-up and place seam-side down in lightly greased baking dish. You can have Cheesy Beef Enchiladas : ) using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Beef Enchiladas : )
- It’s of Beef.
- It’s 3 lb of Boneless Chuck Roast.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 1 large of Yellow Onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of Garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato sauce 24oz can.
- You need 2 cup of Green or Red Chili, chopped (to taste).
- You need 2 tbsp of Chill powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cumin ground.
- You need 2 tsp of Sugar, granulated.
- You need 2 tbsp of Frank's Hot Sauce (to taste).
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- It’s of Enchiladas.
- It’s 2 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded.
- You need 2 cup of Sharp Cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 10 of Flour Tortillas 10'.
- It’s of Lettuce, chopped.
- You need of Green Onions, sliced.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Jalapenos, sliced.
Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top. Assemble enchiladas and place in baking dish as directed; top with remaining salsa and cheese. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large non-stick skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat, stirring occasionally until fully cooked.
Cheesy Beef Enchiladas : ) instructions
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat | Sprinkle the meat with salt & pepper cook and until browned on both sides, about 6 – 8 minutes | Remove the meat to a plate..
- Reduce the heat to medium, add onions to the pot and cook until translucent | Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, sugar, tomato sauce, green chile, hot sauce, water and bring to a boil..
- Return meat to Dutch oven | Cover an reduce heat to low and simmer until the meat is tender and can be broken apart easily | About 2 – 3 hours.
- Strain the beef mixture over a large bowl. Transfer meat to a plate and break beef into small pieces, shredding it with 2 forks | Once shredded put back in the Dutch oven and mix the strain solds together.
- Preheat oven 350° | Pour a little bit of the meat mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish, just enough to cover the bottom | Lay out the flour tortilla & spoon in a healthy portion of the meat mixture | Then add shredded cheese to your liking | Roll like a burrito & place in the baking dish | Repeat until all the tortillas are used..
- Cover completely with the remaining sauce | Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top | Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes | Lastly add your fixings to taste on top, sour cream, lettuce, green onions and jalapenos.
- Bon Appétit :).
Place some of the ground beef and some of the cheddar in a straight line in the center of each tortilla and roll tightly. Place enchiladas seam side down in the baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the top, making sure that tortillas are completely covered. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Return the beef to the pan and stir.