Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Registreer één keer, open een gratis account en begin met sparen met Raisin! Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Fold in the raisins until evenly distributed. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture, stirring just until combined. You can cook Oatmeal Raisin Cookies using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- You need 1 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of dry rolled oats.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon flavoring.
- It’s 4 tbsp of milk (or enough to moisten).
- You need 1 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecans.
Stir in the oats, raisins and pecans if desired. Transfer the cooled cookies to airtight containers and freeze them for up to twelve months. For grab-and-go desserts and snacks freeze two or three cookies each in resealable plastic freezer storage bags. The origins of the oatmeal raisin cookie can be traced back to Scottish oat cakes that were eaten when extra bursts of energy were needed.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies instructions
- Cream shortening, sugar, and eggs adding eggs one at a time. Then add vanilla and lemon flavoring to the mixture..
- Sift flour with cinnamon and soda into creamed mixture..
- Mix in rolled oats, raisins, and nuts..
- Add enough milk to moisten..
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet or use nonstick cookie sheet..
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown..
- Makes about 3 1/2 dozen..
These chewy, spicy, oatmeal raisin cookies are healthier with more white whole wheat flour and less sugar than the original recipe. We also use all butter and no shortening. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies These oatmeal raisin cookies are just the way Grandma made them, except with butter instead of shortening! They're made with old-fashioned oats, brown sugar, and plenty of raisins. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.