Alternative Beef Enchiladas. Browse Our Great Selection of Books & Get Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! These Alternative Beef Enchiladas incorporate cottage cheese and olives for a slight variation on the typical beef enchilada recipe. Could these be the best ever beef enchiladas?
I posted the Vegetable Enchiladas recipe for Meatless Monday and here is the second recipe, as promised. These enchiladas are based on a typical enchilada recipe using ground beef but using vegan… Ground beef and onion are wrapped in flour tortillas, topped with Cheddar cheese and black olives, then baked. This is also great with leftover chicken, shredded beef or turkey. You can have Alternative Beef Enchiladas using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Alternative Beef Enchiladas
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 12 of tortillas.
- You need 3 of chopped kale leaves (remove rib).
- Prepare 2 cup of cheese shredded.
- Prepare 18 oz of Campbells Sweet potato, tomatillo Bisque (box).
Serve with a green salad or beans and rice. This these steak enchiladas are excellent if you have a little leftover beef or chicken. It's especially good on a cold day, since it's a very hearty recipe. —Pam Tangbakken, Genesee, Idaho Beef Enchiladas. I love that there are so many variations of Beef Enchiladas in this big-wide-world.
Alternative Beef Enchiladas step by step
- Cook chopped onion, garlic & washed kale leaves in oil 3 min on med heat.
- Remove veggies to bowl..
- If using uncooked, cook tortillas until slightly browned. (I cook tortillas while cooking veggies)..
- Brown hamburger, add salt/pepper. (I removed fat here)..
- Add sweet potato/tomatillo bisque to ground beef..
- Add sweet potato/tomatillo bisque, Sriracha (or other), soy sauce (I used Tamari) and taco seasoning to ground beef. Cook about 5 min on med high stirring..
- Place 1/2 cup of meat mixture in 11" x 13" dish..
- Cool sl, fill each tortilla with 1-2 Tbsp of veggies, 1-2 Tbsp beef, a few Tbsp of cheese, per tortilla, place in dish..
- Once all rolled, cover with remainder of meat sauce then top w/remainder of cheese..
- [email protected] Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!.
Simple ones, filled with a plain cooked beef filling then topped with enchilada sauce and (lots of) cheese. Fancy ones with the addition of chillies, beans, corn and even olives, sometimes even bacon. How to make beef enchiladas: Cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain the grease and then sprinkle the meat with the homemade taco seasoning and stir with tomato sauce. Make the homemade enchilada sauce, which is made by creating a roux with oil, flour, seasonings, and then stirring in broth.