DUTCH APPLE PIE – Deep Dish. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Buy Stoneware Pie Plates – We carry all Type, Material and Colour options!
Deep Dish Dutch Apple Pie is loaded with a spiced apple filling and topped with a crunchy, sweet, pecan streusel topping. Best served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. This is THE dessert for the fall season! You can have DUTCH APPLE PIE – Deep Dish using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of DUTCH APPLE PIE – Deep Dish
- You need of medium apples.
- It’s of In Pie: 1 Cup sugar.
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- It’s of On top pie: 3/4 cup sugar.
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of butter.
This Dutch Apple Pie is simply amazing! In a large bowl toss together the sliced apples, flour, sugar, and spices. You can taste the filling to see if its sweet enough, it depends a bit on the apples. You might want to use a rolling.
DUTCH APPLE PIE – Deep Dish instructions
- Use full pie crust recipe for 2 crusts, but roll it into 1 unbaked crust. (Using an oversized pie pan).
- Peel, core, and slice apples by hand or use mechanical peeler..
- Place apples in unbaked crust making sure edges are filled and apples mound in the middle..
- Dribble lemon juice over apples..
- Combine 1 Cup sugar 4 tablespoons flour and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a bowl..
- Combine 3/4 sugar, 3/4 cup flour, and 3/4 cup butter in a bowl..
- Pour mixed bowl of ingredients with cinnamon in it evenly over apples in the pie..
- Cut up 2nd bowl of ingredients with the butter with a knife or pastry cutter..
- Then evenly spoon 2nd bowl of ingredients with the butter on top of pie making sure edges are covered..
- Place pie in middle of brown paper bag. Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
- Fasten opening of bag down by folding or stapling and place in 450 degree oven and bake for 1 hour..
- Remove pie from oven with oven mitts and cut bag from around the pie..
Dutch apple pie topping is made with butter, Gold Medal™ flour, brown sugar and granulated sugar, and you'll know when it's ready to come out of the oven when the crumb toppings are a deep golden brown. Instead of a second pie crust, enjoy a generous blanket of sweet streusel crumbs-sprinkled over a tender spiced apple filling. An apple pie usually has a pastry crust on top but a Dutch apple pie is covered with a crumbly streusel made of butter, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and sometimes nuts or oatmeal. What are the best apples for apple pie? I like to use a combination of apples to get the most flavor.