Kid-Friendly Tacos. Tacos can be simple, quick to pull together, and perfect for teaching your kids to cook. Before we dig into an Easy Ground Beef Taco recipe, we will look at my top tips for kid-friendly tacos, and strategies for getting your kids excited about this dish. Maybe tacos will even become a regular in your weekly meal plan!
In the Kitchen With: Katie Workman. Cookbooks arrive at Food Network Kitchen with delicious abundance, piling up on desks and crowding library shelves. Whether you're looking for soft or hard shell, these solutions will have your children smiling! You can cook Kid-Friendly Tacos using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kid-Friendly Tacos
- Prepare 12 of ready-to-use corn tortillas.
- You need 1 tsp of oil.
- It’s 250 gr of minced beef.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare 1 dash of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of salsa (here's the recipe that I use: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/250306-superb-salsa).
- You need 100 gr of cheddar cheese (grated).
- You need of Lettuce, chopped (wash thoroughly beforehand, and pat dry).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of salsa (for topping).
You know taco Tuesdays are the best days. Nothing better than gathering around the table with good people and enjoying a fun and delicious meal. These kid-friendly chicken tacos are so versatile and easily customizable. It's a great way to feed not only the kids, but a crowd of people.
Kid-Friendly Tacos step by step
- In medium heat, put tortilla one by one on a pan. Flip when it is a bit brown. When it is still warm, carefully fold it to form "a pocket". Set aside..
- Heat oil in a pan, medium heat. Add minced beef, then 1/2 cup of salsa. Stir for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and tomato sauce. Turn off the heat..
- Arrange the chopped lettuce inside the pocket. Add minced beef mixture. Then a bit of salsa. Top with grated cheddar. Yum yum!.
Tasty Taco Cups are quick & easy handheld tacos for kids. These crunchy taco cups are made with tortillas, filled with seasoned meat, then baked to cheesy perfection! I find the keys to helping make fish tacos a successful meal for kids is to find flavors that they like. We like fruit salsas but your family might like tomato salsa or sour cream. Instead of flour tortillas, try whole wheat or corn tortillas.