Mike's Marinara Sauce & Garlic Parmesan Bread. Marinara Sauce is quick and very easy to make. Adding other ingredients into the sauce can take it from Marinara to Puttanesca or Arrabbiata. What you decide to make, know that Marinara is the basis of all red sauces that have roots back to the Italians.
Original recipe from Olindo Mastropaolo, Sicily. Marinara sauce originated in southern Italy, with both Naples and Sicily being cited as its. Guinness Beer Braised Pork Roast. by ohthatmike You can have Mike's Marinara Sauce & Garlic Parmesan Bread using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Marinara Sauce & Garlic Parmesan Bread
- It’s of Marinara Sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of 28 oz Chefs Cut Crushed Tomatoes [with juices].
- You need 1/2 cup of Quality Dry White Wine.
- Prepare 1 of 7.5 oz Jar Quality Marinara Sauce [like bertolli or emeril].
- It’s 1 can of 8 oz Tomato Sauce.
- You need 3 oz of Tomato Paste.
- You need 8 large of Cloves Fresh Garlic [smashed & chopped].
- It’s 3 cup of Fresh Mushrooms [thick sliced – your choice].
- It’s 1/2 cup of Fresh Celery [thin sliced].
- You need 1 cup of Fresh Onions [chopped].
- You need 1/3 cup of Green Bell Peppers [small chop].
- It’s 1/3 cup of Parmesan Cheese [+ reserves for garlic bread].
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves [left whole].
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of Fennel Seed.
- You need 1 tsp of Each: Oregano – Basil – Italian Seasoning [all dried].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Dried Parsley [+ reserves for bread].
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar [or less to taste].
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 4 dash of Worshestershire Sauce.
- It’s 4 dash of Tabasco Sauce [or more to taste].
- Prepare of Garlic Bread.
- You need of Fresh French Bread Rolls [halved].
- You need of Garlic Parmesan Bread Sticks.
- It’s of Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare of Dried Parsley.
- It’s of Prefabed Garlic Butter [or make my recipe at base].
In a large skillet, heat oil and saute garlic until light brown and softened. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, water, basil, and salt and pepper. Saute until all the vegetables are soft,.
Mike's Marinara Sauce & Garlic Parmesan Bread step by step
- Authors Note: Traditionally, marinara sauces will direct you to cook your chopped vegetables in olive oil until translucent prior to adding them to your sauce. This recipe does not call for that step. It's meant to keep some snap, body and texture in your sauce..
- ● Chop your vegetables. ● Place everything in the Marinara Sauce section in a large pot and simmer on medium heat for about an hour and a half. Stir intermittently. ● Remove bay leaves after simmer..
- ● Generously smear your bread with garlic butter and sprinkle tops with Dried Parsley and Parmesan Cheese. ● Bake rolls at 350° for 8 minutes. ● Pile your Marinara Sauce on thick, sturdy pieces of garlic parmesan bread, or, dip toasted garlic strips directly into it..
- If you'd like to make this a main pasta dish as opposed to an antipasto – this is a great truffle noodle that pairs excellent with this mushroom based Marinara Sauce..
- If you'd like to make your own garlic butter – check out my easy, delicious posted recipe. Enjoy! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/364342-mikes-easy-garlic-butter-spread.
It will be on the menu at Isabella's new restaurant, Graffiato. Because it is boldly flavored, a little sauce goes a long way. The chef recommends serving it alongside roasted or grilled chicken. He served it on a braised pork shoulder. You'll need only five basic pantry ingredients to make this delicious marinara sauce: good canned tomatoes, onion, garlic, dried oregano and olive oil.