Dutch Apple pie. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Dutch apple pie is traditionally eaten cold, with optional (sweetened) whipped cream (to balance out the tangy apple).
Dutch apple pie topping is made with butter, Gold Medal™ flour, brown sugar and granulated sugar, and you'll know when it's ready to come out of the oven when the crumb toppings are a deep golden brown. Instead of a second pie crust, enjoy a generous blanket of sweet streusel crumbs-sprinkled over a tender spiced apple filling. Fit pie crust into pie plate. You can have Dutch Apple pie using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dutch Apple pie
- It’s 5 of honey crisp apples.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s of For topping:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter flavored crisco.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 of deep 9 in frozen pie pans.
In a large bowl, mix sliced apples, lemon juice, both sugars,flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Dutch apple pie is a perfect Thanksgiving dessert. It combines all the fall flavors of apples and cinnamon in a pastry. Such a delicious pie that you can share with your family with a good cup of tea or coffee.
Dutch Apple pie step by step
- Peel core and slice apples. Add all ingredients to apples slices place in two 9-inch deep frozen pie pans.
- Mix flour butter and brown sugar with a fork until it crumbles place over pie.
- Bake in oven at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes.
If you're searching for a delicious apple dessert, look no further! Dutch Apple Pie is made with a spiced apple filling in a flaky pie crust topped with a crumb topping made of flour, sugar, and butter. Eat it hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top or a dollop of whipped cream! Trust me, you'll have a hard time stopping at one slice! Every time I bake it I am reminded of the tremendous outpouring of love and support that we received.