Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Stir hash browns, ham, Cheddar cheese, onion, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and butter in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
In large bowl, mix potatoes, onion and ham; spoon into slow cooker. Stir in potatoes, ham, cheese, flour and pepper. Layer half of the potatoes and ham in the bottom of the dish. You can cook Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup
- You need of Veggies.
- You need of potatoes, peeled & diced.
- You need of chopped broccoli – I used florets.
- Prepare of meat.
- You need of chopped ham.
- Prepare of Dairy.
- Prepare of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Milk or Heavy Cream- I used 2% to lighten this recipe up.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of flour.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- Prepare of Seasonings.
- It’s of Pepper, garlic, onion powder- I omitted salt due to the ham. If u choose to not use ham or meat, salt may be needed.
Pour half of the cheese sauce over the potatoes, ensuring that all of the potatoes are covered with the sauce. Repeat with the remaining potatoes and ham and the rest of the cheese sauce. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Melt butter in microwave in large bowl.
Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup instructions
- Peel & cut up Potatoes to desired size, then toss in your crockpot.
- Melt butter in large pot or Dutch oven, then add flour. This needs to be on med-high & stir constantly.
- Flour will appear chunky & clumpy. Perfect! Fry 4-6min, still stirring!.
- Now you need to add 3 cups of HOT chicken broth & whisk whisk whisk that flour! Then add 1 & 1/2 cups of the milk or cream. Reserve the other 1 cup of broth & 1/2cup milk.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes once it's cooked about 10min on medium. Then add the cut ham, over mixture.
- Add cut up broccoli to crockpot. I used remaining milk & broth to make sure broccoli was covered with liquid. Stir mix & cover. Low4-6hrs, High 2-3..
- Add cheese during the last 30min. I did 2 heaping cupfuls, then added the rest to each bowl. Yum!.
Mix in condensed soup, sour cream, and cheese. DIRECTIONS Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt (if using), and pepper. Add cubed Velveeta and cubed or shredded cheddar cheese, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted and the sauce thickens.