Shrimp and Scallop Doria with Handmade Sauce. Great recipe for Shrimp and Scallop Doria with Handmade Sauce. I made white sauce, so I added it to doria! Pair it with sweet shrimp and scallops and seafood night has never been better (or easier!).
Be very careful not to overcook the seafood, as it will become rubbery if overdone. Add seafood to the marinara, and stir in parsley. Then use the same pan to saute shrimp just until pink, and remove to the utility platter. You can cook Shrimp and Scallop Doria with Handmade Sauce using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Scallop Doria with Handmade Sauce
- Prepare 200 grams of x 2 packages Assorted shrimp and scallops.
- You need 1 of Onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 100 ml of White wine.
- Prepare 1 of use as much (to taste) Hot cooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Parsley (dried).
- It’s of Basic White Sauce (Recipe ID: 1449234).
- Prepare 60 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 60 grams of White flour.
- Prepare 1000 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 of leaf Bay leaf.
- It’s 1 dash of Nutmeg.
- You need 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Consommé stock granules.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
Add cream sauce to saute pan to toss the drained pasta or rice with the cream sauce and seafood, reserving. Saute onion on low heat until softened. Add mushrooms and shrimp and stir-fry until cooked. Pour in white sauce and mix with the ingredients.
Shrimp and Scallop Doria with Handmade Sauce instructions
- Slowly melt the butter in a frying pan over low heat, add the sifted flour and cook while making sure it doesn't burn. (See here for more instructions: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/150056-easy-basic-white-sauce).
- After turning off the heat, add warmed milk in 2 turns to step one, and briskly whisk it all together with an eggbeater..
- Add the bay leaf and nutmeg to Step 2, stewing it at a low heat for about 5 minutes, and then flavor it with fresh cream and consommé stock granules..
- Heat up the butter and olive oil in a frying pan, and add the shrimp and scallops in white whine after frying the onions; add salt and pepper and evaporate the alcoholic content..
- Mix rice and the white sauce from Step 3 together in a bowl (about 4 ladles' worth)..
- Add it to the frying pan with the remaining white sauce from Step 4, and bring it to a boil after mixing it thoroughly..
- Add rice, sauce, cheese, and parsley in that order to the gratin pans and cook at 200℃ (about 392℉) for 10 minutes..
- This is the exquisite sauce and seafood gratin I made: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/145207-seafood-gratin-with-homemade-sauce.
Warm up rice in the microwave if it's cold. Once shrimp are cooked, cool then peel and devein and cut into bite size pieces. Turn heat to medium under each. Always move the pan so the garlic does not burn and the ingredients are seared all over. Switch heat to medium-high, add shrimp, scallops, and sweet mini pepper.