Herb Grilled Butterflied Whole Chicken. Butterflied Grilled Whole Chicken with French Herbs and Shallot Butter A French herb rub, a sweet and spicy glaze, and a caramelized shallot butter all combine to make a grilled whole chicken full of layered flavors. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken, skin side down on grill.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the grill, skin side down and slowly grill until the fat renders. This Grilled Butterflied Whole Chicken is an excellent technique used to reduce grilling time and results in a more uniformed cook. You can cook Herb Grilled Butterflied Whole Chicken using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Herb Grilled Butterflied Whole Chicken
- Prepare 1 of 3 to 4 pound whole chicken, backbone removed ( cut out with a thin sharp knife, but not cutting all the way through, flatten after removing by firmly pressing breat to one even layer ).
- You need 1 of FOR MARINADE.
- You need 1 cup of My Spicy Ranch Dressing, recipe below.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of HERB DRESSING.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh thyme, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh rosemary, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh basil, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh chives, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
It takes just a couple of easy steps! Learn the Easy Steps to Butterfly and Grill a Whole Chicken. Place the chicken in a roasting pan breast side down. Squeeze over the juice half of the lemon, Spoon a ⅓ of the herb/oil mixture over the chicken and spread evenly and into all crevices.
Herb Grilled Butterflied Whole Chicken step by step
- Combine spicy ranch dressing and chicken broth in a large ziploc bag big enough to hold chicken.Add butterflied chicken to marinade and refrigerate 8 to 10 hours or overnight. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353091-spicy-ranch-dipdressing.
- Combine all herb dressing ingredients in a bowl..
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and remove and discard marinade.Pat chicken dry and let get to room temperature 30 minutes before grilling..
- Have grill set up for indirect grilling and heat to a medium 350 to 375°F..
- Place chicken on grill skin side UP, grill for about 35 to 40 minutes covered with lid on basting with herb dressing every 15 minutes. flip over and grill skin side down over more direct beat, watching at all times so as not to burn until skin is crisp,5 to 15 minutes, it depends on your grill. The internal temperature should read 165, let chicken rest tented with foil 15 minutes before carving, serve with any remaing herb dressing drizzled over it..
- Serve as a filling for fajitas with tortillas, shredded cheese, lettece, tomato, avacado and sour cream or as the main dish with your favorite sides!.
Turn chicken over breast side up. Sprinkle chicken with herbs, if using. Juicy butterflied roast chicken recipe: After trying (and failing) to gracefully carve whole roast chickens, I have fallen in love with butterflying the bird. Butterflied roast chicken is juicy, easy to prepare, and makes carving a snap! Rub olive oil on both sides of chicken and generously season with salt and black pepper.