Beef Enchiladas (red). Ground beef enchiladas in flour tortillas topped with spicy red sauce, cheese and fresh cilantro. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the canola oil and flour. Pour in the red sauce, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
These super easy beef enchiladas with canned red sauce are so easy to make and perfect for a quick weeknight meal at home. Enchiladas are traditionally made with corn tortillas. (However, I prefer using flour tortillas.) The tortillas are then rolled around a filling and covered in a savory chili pepper red sauce. DIRECTIONS Add the onion and garlic to a large saucepan with the olive oil. You can cook Beef Enchiladas (red) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Enchiladas (red)
- Prepare 12 of Flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground beef.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 small of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of Green pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 can of Green chilies, mild.
- It’s 1 can of Red enchiladas, mild.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mexican cheese.
- You need 2 cup of Cheddar cheese.
Add the green chilis, tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, chili powder, cayenne, cumin, pepper and salt. Beef Enchiladas with tender shredded beef, melted cheese, and smothered in red sauce are easy to make with this delicious dinner recipe! This tasty Mexican meal is made with Instant Pot Shredded beef that is flavorful and tender. Simple homemade Beef Enchiladas are full of Mexican comfort food flavors.
Beef Enchiladas (red) instructions
- Preheat oven 375. Lightly grease 9×13 casserole dish..
- In a large skillet brown ground beef with cumin and black pepper. Drain. Add onion cook for 5 minutes. Add green pepper cook for a few minutes. Add canned green chiles and about 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce..
- Spread meat filling and sprinkle Mexican cheese in center of each tortilla. Roll and place in casserole dish..
- Once all tortillas are in casserole dish cover with the rest of red enchilada sauce. Add the cheddar cheese..
- Bake for 20 minutes-until cheese is melted..
Enchiladas originate in Mexico where people have been wrapping corn tortillas around fillings since Mayan times. You'll need red enchilada sauce and chicken broth to make the sauce, a pound of ground beef, diced onions, green onions, olives and green chiles for the enchilada filling and corn tortillas for the. These beef enchiladas are Mexican comfort food at its finest. Shredded beef simmers in a homemade red enchilada sauce for ultimate flavor, then is mixed with jalapenos, cheese, and cilantro. Rolled up in tortillas and topped with more sauce and cheese, these enchiladas are sheer perfection.