Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Great recipe for Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Needed a delicious chewy oatmeal cookie recipe for a dairy-free diet, and most of them didn't hold up well with the butter we use. So I made one that is equally delicious with butter, or when we use Smart Balance dairy-free spread!
These delicious, chewy oatmeal raisin cookies prove that you don't have to be chock-full of chocolate chips or studded with sprinkles to be a tasty cookie. Sometimes it's good to keep it simple, y'all, and while this cookie is humble, it's also just SUPER YUMMY. Oatmeal raisin cookie recipe will help you bake soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies in five simple steps. You can cook Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- You need 1 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of coarse sea salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 3 cup of quick-cook oats.
These Oatmeal Raisin cookies are extra moist and chewy! This is a Cook's Illustrated recipe and they found the key to achieving this are: a) the size (these are larger than usual) and b) using baking powder, not baking soda. Oatmeal raisin cookies can go from chewy and delicious to rock hard in very little time so I think it's key to watch them and make sure you pull them out when they're just turning golden brown! These easy oatmeal raisin cookies use simple ingredients that you may already have on hand!
Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies instructions
- Put raisins in microwave safe bowl, cover with water. Microwave for 5 minutes. Let soak for about 5 minutes more, then strain. Set aside..
- Add sugar and brown sugar to large bowl. Add softened butter (or margarine or vegan alternative) and mix with mixer until consistent texture..
- Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extracts to wet mix, blend until smooth..
- Sift or mix together flour, baking soda, coarse sea salt, and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients and hand mix until consistent texture..
- Add oats and strained raisins, and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for one hour..
- Set oven to 375° F. Grease baking sheet. Scoop into tablespoon sizes and place 1.5-2" apart on sheet. Press in crossing pattern with fork. Sprinkle with sugar if you'd like. 🙂 Bake for 10 minutes..
- Let them set for at least two minutes (I know it's hard!). Whether you eat them hot, warm, or room temperature, they'll still be chewy!.
Let's discuss each ingredient and why it's crucial to this recipe: All-Purpose Flour: This provides the structure for your cookies so that they maintain their shape and hold up once they're baked. Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Kitchen Tip: I use this bowl, this sheet pan, and this cookie scoop to make this recipe. They're the Ultimate Healthy Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. They're chock full of hearty oats, sweet raisins, and lots of warm cinnamon.