Simple Sandwich Bread. Satisfy Your Cravings With A Hearty Hot Pockets® Sandwich Made With Quality Ingredients. Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide. Jump to Recipe With step-by-step pictures, a full video tutorial, and plenty of helpful tips, learn how to make simple white sandwich bread using a few baking ingredients like flour, water, yeast, salt, and milk.
Being able to make your own bread is a wonderful tool to put in your self-reliance toolkit—if the stores are out of bread or you can't get to the store, no problem! You can whip up your own loaf in just a few hours. We all have our preferences: white and squishy, hearty whole grain, or crusty baguette. You can have Simple Sandwich Bread using 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Sandwich Bread
- It’s of This is the same as Recipe ID: 906204 "Simple sandwich bread.".
- It’s 300 grams of Bread flour.
- It’s 20 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 3 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 25 grams of Margarine (or butter).
- It’s 5 grams of Dry yeast.
- Prepare 180 ml of Water (If it's winter use lukewarm water. If it's summer use cold water.).
- It’s of If you use a bread machine (set to soft course):.
- Prepare 250 grams of Bread flour.
- You need 20 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 grams of Salt.
- You need 20 grams of Margarine (or butter).
- Prepare 3 grams of Dry yeast.
- You need 180 ml of Water (If it's winter use lukewarm water. If it's summer use cold water.).
And once you get into the groove and have a bit of practice, it's quite simple to make. In our house, I usually double or even triple the recipe and freeze extra loaves that will last us a few weeks. It's a simple combination of water, yeast and honey, mixed with all purpose flour and salt, made into basic loaves and baked to crispy crust perfection! Add the butter, sugar and salt.
Simple Sandwich Bread step by step
- Put all of the ingredients into your bread machine and let it run till the first rising has been completed. Once done, take out the dough..
- Divide the dough into 3 portions..
- Form each of them into balls with the seams facing down and let them sit for 15 minutes under a protective cover, like in a plastic wrap-sealed bowl or under a tightly wrung damp kitchen towel..
- Take a bread mold and grease the inside with butter or margarine..
- Take the dough out one by one..
- Face the seam upward..
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough till it looks like this..
- Fold in the sides just like how the picture shows..
- Once you have completed Step 8, do the same for the top and bottom, folding them in..
- Once you've done Step 9, fold the dough into itself, so that it doesn't unravel..
- With the seam facing down, place them into the bread mold..
- Place the portions of dough first on both sides of the mold, before fitting in the center portion (This is to make the center of the bread the highest and fluffiest)..
- Let the dough rise a second time for 30-40 minutes at 113℉ (45℃)..
- Once the dough is about 8-9 times larger than it was previously, it's done rising..
- Next, bake for 28-30 minutes in a preheated oven at 350℉ (180℃)..
- This is the version of the bread where I formed the dough into 3 portions but then baked them all together without really shaping the balls..
- In this version, I divided the dough into 2 portions and baked them in oval-shaped wooden molds..
- Here's how it'll look if your bread machine were to make it..
Use a wooden spoon to stir in one-third of the flour until smooth. Stir with a wooden spoon until no dry spots remain. Flour your worktop, then push, pull and stretch the dough until it's nice and smooth. When it's properly kneaded, the dough should be stretchy and smooth. If you're looking for a simple recipe for a tender sandwich bread—the kind of loaf that'd be great turned into a grilled cheese or crunchy croutons—this is it.