Brown rice and tuna salad. DIRECTIONS Mix relish, vinegar, oil and mustard. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Italian tuna and brown rice salad (Riso e Tonno) is wonderful, easy lunch using basic pantry items such as tuna, brown rice, capers and good quality chopped olives plus some frozen mixed vegetables and fresh lemon juice.
This quick, healthy and tasty tuna and brown rice salad is perfect for lunch boxes. Our tuna and brown rice salad is a healthy, filling and colourful dish perfect if you're wanting a lighter lunch or a starter before dinner. It was created by ex-Olympic swimming champion and mum-of-three, Sharron Davies. You can cook Brown rice and tuna salad using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brown rice and tuna salad
- You need 1 cup of brown rice, cooked.
- It’s 1 pc. of bell pepper or tomato, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 pc. of cucumber, deseeded, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 of onion, small, finely chopped.
- You need Handful of dried fruit / pineapple tidbits, drained.
- It’s Handful of lettuce.
- It’s of Protein & Spices.
- You need 1/2 can of chunky tuna in water/brine, drained.
- Prepare Handful of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of lemon / lime juice.
- Prepare Dash of salt, to taste (garlic salt is ok too).
- It’s Dash of paprika or cayenne, to taste.
- It’s Dash of olive oil, to taste.
- You need Dash of honey, to taste.
- You need of Optional.
- You need 1 tbsp of mayo-less egg salad (check my cookpad page for recipe)OR.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hummus.
Add rice, tomatoes, capsicum, shallots and tuna in a large bowl. Make dressing by combining lemon juice and oil in screw-top jar and seasoning with pepper and secure lid and shake to combine. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. rice vinegar, onion lemon, brown rice yogurt, seaweed avocado, shallot caper, canned tuna bell pepper, salad greens mushroom, yogurt mango, ginger lime, sriracha ginger, tuna steak avocado, seaweed lemon, onion red onion, mango red onion, cilantro In a large bowl, combine tuna, rice, spinach, tomato and capsicum. Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
Brown rice and tuna salad step by step
- Wash and cook brown rice according to package instruction..
- Prepare your bell peppers, onion, and garlic: wash, slice, chop and place them all on a big bowl. [You also have to option to quick fry your onion and garlic if you like, before mixing them with other ingredients].
- On the same bowl, add in all the specified protein and spices [and the optional ingredients you fancy]. Set aside and cover while waiting for rice to cook..
- Wash your lettuce, then dry, and cut them into bite sizes by hands. Transfer 1 serving of lettuce on a serving bowl and set aside. Keep leftover lettuce on a ziplock bag and store in fridge. Note: Using a knife to cut lettuce makes lettuce taste bitter. Strange but true, based from experience..
- Soon as the brown rice is cooked. Take 1 cup rice. Add them to the bowl of quickly marinated veggies (w/o lettuce). Mix them well..
- For 1 serve, transfer 1/2 cup brown rice mixture on the serving bowl with lettuce and stir them a bit. Garnish with extra chopped walnuts or dried fruit if you want..
- Keep the brown rice mix leftovers on a container then store in fridge. And it would taste even better the next day! If the leftover mixture has cooled down, you can mix-in the lettuce before storing the meal in fridge. Or alternatively, just bring a ziplock of lettuce with your packed brown rice and mix them upon consumption. Enjoy!.
This post is sponsored by Blue Harbor, a producer of sustainably caught tuna, which I used for this Italian Rice Salad with Tuna (Insalata di Riso). It's a very healthy, light and refreshing meal, which is sure to satisfy. Fresh summer produce, like tomatoes, peppers and corn, combine with this amazing Albacore tuna rice to create a perfect healthy and light summer meal. The cooked rice will have probably clumped together, so break it up in a large mixing bowl. Flake in the tuna, then mix in the peas, peppers, tomatoes, spring onions, parsley and olives, if you're using them.